Sw players how eay do you find tau? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sw players how eay do you find tau?

I was just wondering.

how easy do you find tau?plz tell me as i am very interested in what is hard to beat and what you cain.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played Tau a couple times. Truthfully, there's a lot of talk, and yes they can lay down some impressive fireworks, but that's about as far as it goes. Though, a good general can make Tau nearly untouchable. They have a lot of sneaky tricks in 4th edition, especially with their jet pack suit things.

I'm a big fan of the GH based firefight strategy for 4th, but the one army I wouldn't suggest it against is Tau. If you try to get close and open up your bolters on them, they're going to open up with their pulse rifles and rip you apart. Your best bet is getting your BCs stuck in. They have no flaws with their low WS against Tau, and the extra attacks just mean more dead Tau.

I wouldn't waste points on many tanks, or dreads for that matter. In fact, for 1500, i'd probably go with 2 15-man BC packs lead by IC's, foot slogging it. I'd then pick up a GH pack, because I have to, with a melta and powerfist to tank hunt, a scout pack to OBEL, and then two BC bike packs and a BC assault squad. Tie up as many units as you can with your fast stuff and pray your BCs make it across the board. A priest with healing potions/balms and a rune priest should seriously increase your survivability.

Pile in and watch him fumble around with his three-fingered, blue-skinned pansies in close combat. :lol:

EDIT: I just realized, I never really gave your question a straight-forward answer. What I get for posting at 6AM when I haven't slept. Tau and their difficulty is purely dependent on who's behind them. Which is not too different from most 40k armies.
    Last edited by Cypher-; June 22nd, 2005 at 12:23.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the time I use 2 10 men strong assault marine squads that charge forward while my rhino waits until the assault squads are in CC and then move in to support. a deepstriking dread with HF and assault cannon can really rips up a squad of fire warriors.

bikers are ideal against tau because they hit you on 4 and wound on 6. when you turbo boost your bikes they can even withstand a railgun hit. giving your bikers CCW and BP you can tie up a squad very easy and still stand strong for about 2-3 turns alone.

whirlwind also do magic against tau but remember not to fire on the same squad twice because a smart general will remove the models so that they are out of template formation.

hope this helps
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as Blood Ravens, pretty easy. i start off 18" from the get go, so it's pretty easy to trek up to assault range, and i equip enough anti tank to smash up their railguns. i also bring in speeders in to harass fire warriors and divert attention. basically, any shot that's NOT going at charging marines is good news to me. railguns are the bad news of the whole thing, but i've have good dice roll experiences in all my games when it comes to my rockets and lascannon. as for the suits, squad of plasma knocks em down quik.
    "One thing that intrigues people to fantasy is how different it is from reality. Make sure you remember that difference, and you'll have a wonderful time."

+ Reply to Thread