Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
do gaurdmen with vox boxes have any special abilities?
Yes, they are trained to use a vox-caster.
No they do not have any special abilites. Maybe read the codex and stop asking silly questions :o
IG since '95.
well maybe if i was interested in IG i would waste my money on the codex
If you are not interested then why are you asking questions?
IG since '95.
cause knowledge is power and with power and knowledge you cant lose
Veni Vidi Variant
I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.
The spikey ones go faster.
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.
Saga of the Ages. Click it.
Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.
Common guys this is a forum for people to ask questions. dont flip out when you know were to find the answers and they dont. Your suppose to help not be an ass!
Guardsmen with vox's DO have a special ability. In fact it's one of the most important special abilities you can give an IG army: They can keep your men from running away.
Here's some good tips to keep your soldiers from running in the face of fire:
1) Always take a Heroic Senior Officer. His upgraded leadership of 9 is wellllll worth the points.
2) Always take a master vox unit. For 20 points you can give EVERY guard unit on the table a leader ship of 9
3) Always give your Heroic Senior Officer the Iron Discipline doctrine. With this doctrine your troops ignore the -1 to LD when in shooting AND it transfers through a vox unlike the commissars LD bonus. This means that all LD tests for being shot at are taken at a LD of 9 no matter what.
4) This should really be part of #2 but some peeps will forget this part; Always give every guard unit, that can take one, a vox. The exception to this rule is that you may not want to give your 5 man Platoon Command Squads a vox, because they really don't have enough men to warrant the points.
5) Always take a guardsman with a banner in your HQ and keep your fire support weapons squads within 12" of the banner. This way you don't have to give your fire support guys a vox and they will get TWO rolls instead of one, if and when they get shot at.
6) If your enemy has no or very few template weapons, then take Close Order Drill and keep your units squished together. Also, take a Vet Sgt in all of your regular squads. With this combo, you get squads that have a LD of 9 when in close combat.
I use all of these methods and in my local league I have played 40+ games during the current league session. Out of these 40+ games I have had MAYBE 6 squads run off of the table.
Bloodgod, he knows where to find the answers, but like he said:
"well maybe if I was interested in IG I would waste my money on the codex".
Yeah I flipped out, but only because he knew were the get the answers, he just didnt want to pay like everyone else. Besides, I told him where the info was! :o
If he doesn't want to pay for the codex then why should he get the information? Games Workshop isnt running a charity last time i checked. Bloodgod, please don't confuse legitimate questions about poorly worded rules, with a total lack of effort to obtain the codex. If asking any question you liked was allowed then why do I see people constantly telling others on this forum not to give details answers and only ever refer to page numbers rather than provide the details?
If i'm wrong I urge a moderator to advise me otherwise of my wrong doings and I wont be an ass ever, ever again, I pwomise!
I always try to help people and provide direction but only about important topics.. yeah?
*****!!!!! I DONT HAFE TEH CODEX CAUSE IM KEEPING MY KASH AND IM
KUREOUS, WHAT ABILITEE DOES TEH SOLDJA HAVE WITH THE RADIO BOX
*The vox contains the ability not the vox operator
*And Iron Discipline doesnt work over a vox. Im honestly quite surprised to see you write this as 99% of the time you give great advise.
Read the official FAQ on the Games Workshop site for the new IG codex [near the bottom].
IG since '95.
Well, Ok, I see that they have finally fixed their wording mistake on Iron Discipline. It would make a whole hell of a lot of sense if they would find these things out during play testing and fix them in the actual freakin codex. I HATE having ten FAQ's for army every time I turn around. GW should get it right or leave it alone.
However, on the vox having the ability and not the vox operator, that's a little bit reaching. You can't have the vox without the operator, so in effect, stats wise, they are the same thing....
Kewl with me bro, Just keepin things kewl in the LO. thnx for the responce