Most popular Sisters of Battle color scheme? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Most popular Sisters of Battle color scheme?

Hi. I need some info on what color scheme would be most popular one for Sisters of Battle. I need this info for something (altough I cannot tell you what it is).

So, which of the following official GW schemes does YOUR Sisters of Battle army come closest to? And what are the differences?
    (the 2nd / 3rd edition marks from which editions' Codex this color scheme comes)

-Sacred Rose (2nd edition) - white armor, red Bolter, black gauntlets, cloaks black outside & red inside.

-Sacred Rose (3rd edition) - white armor and gauntlets, cloaks and Bolters black.

-Ebon Chalice (2nd edition) - black armor and gauntlets, red Bolters, cloaks white outside & lack inside.

-Ebon Chalice (3rd edition) - black armor and gauntlets, metallic Bolters, white cloaks.

-Argent Shroud - metallic armor, red Bolters, cloaks white outside & red inside.

-Martyred lady (2nd edition) - black armor and gauntlets, red Bolters, cloaks black outside & red inside, white border on cloaks and gauntlets.

-Martyred Lady (3rd edition) - black armor & gauntlets, metallic Bolters, red cloaks, occasional white trim on cloaks.

-Valorous Heart - black armor, metallic Bolter, white gauntlets, cloaks black outside & white inside.

-Bloody Rose (2nd edition) - red armor and gauntlets, black Bolters, cloaks black outside & red inside.

-Bloody Rose (3rd edition) - red armor and gauntlets, black Bolters and cloaks.

If you have made any personal alterations or additions to your color scheme, like adding/removing trims on the cloaks, painting the armor trims in a different color or gloss-varnishing some parts of the model, please list them as well.

Ex: My own color scheme is based on 2nd edition Order of Our Martyred Lady, with the white cloak border removed and the armour trims all painted red.

Thank you for your cooperation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

currently i'm using an Argent Shroud variant with boltmetal hard plates/boots/visors, red under armor/gloves/helms and buttons/beads, and white robes ... adding red trim for superiors/veterines and seraphim..
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I really like the 3rd edition Sacred Rose and the 2nd edition Martyred Lady.

My own color scheme (Sisters of The Shield / "Shieldmaidens") is somehow including features of both mentioned Ordos Majoris and looks like the following:

Power Armor light metallic blue (was silver in my 1st try)
    Body Glove (the rubber-like suit under/between the armor plates): black
    Gloves/Gauntlets light metallic blue (were black on my 1st try)
    Ornaments (fleur de lys + inquisition eagle): white, black or golden (depending on troop type: basic, support or elite/hq)
    Blessed Robes/Cloaks white (black inside) with red stripes (only for fully initiated Battle Sisters; no stripes for Sororitas aspirants)
    Weapons: darkened silver and red
    Order Symbol: blood-red sword within a spiked halo (resembling influences from the Martyred Lady) painted on the right robe sleeve

Order Symbol, reflecting this Ordo Minoris' relationship with the Martyred Lady

PS: I'd really like to have a blank SoB sketch that would be easy to color in simple Windows paint. That way we could visualize our color schemes better. Does anyone know if there's already such a thing, or is anyone skilled enough to draw one?
    Last edited by Lynata; July 7th, 2005 at 09:05.
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I painted my sisters using the Martyred Lady Second edition color scheme. My seraphim are a bit different, with white gauntlets and boots, but I thought I should paint them as an elite unit (as they are one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use on my one and only SOB squad Argent Shroud, becuase after painting 3 times and using pine sol to get it out i thought it looks tight. PLus the have white hair!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just starting an SoB army and at the moment I'm liking the idea of White Armour, Red Cloaks and Gold detailing. I actually thought this up on my own but then I got the Codex Witch Hunters and saw a picture in there which has the same colour scheme! Doh! Though as far as I know this isn't the colours of any of the major orders.

If I don't go with that I was thinking a variant on Argent Shroud, making their armour more silver than boltmetal, and giving them blonde hair. The idea is to make them look angelic but I'm not sure if it would work or not.

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using a dark blue armour with a light grey cloak, and black weapons with metal detailing

Havent thought of a name yet, but I'll figure one out soon
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine I call the Order of the Cleansing Flame. Armour is Kommando Khaki highlighted with Bleached Bone. The trim is white. Robes are Blazing Orange highlighted with Fiery Orange. Weapons and gloves are black. Brown hair. The Vet SS have silver trim and I plan to do the same with the Celestians. I'm kicking around the idea of Orange armour with bone or white robes for the Canoness.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Ouuu - orange armour? Nice ! Can we see some pics??? I was going to ask if people alternate their basic color scheme for elites/heavy teams but it looks like they do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Of those listed I prefer 3rd Edition Sacred Rose.

My own Sisters are a branch of that Order. The only difference is that my Sisters' robes are a very deep (nigh black) purple.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast