Daemon vs witch? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Daemon vs witch?

wow, this got no response in the rules area, maybe here someone will have an opinion

daemon hunter army goes against witch hunter army...

can the daemon hunter inquisitor lord take rogue psyker powers?

technically, going from the FAQ he is considered to have psychic powers because of the Psyker option,
    but if he doesn't buy any powers, he has none listed...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure what rogue psyker powers are, are they like DH hunter adversaries?

If they are then im sure you could use them, just as the witches could use the adversaries rule. Although both would be very unfluffy :p
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

It would be very fluffy actualy. The Ordo Hereticus is also the Ordo responsible for policing the Inquisition itself. If a Daemonhunter Inquisitor where to suddenly show signs of powers he souldn't have, then the Wichunters would be the ones to take him out. As far as the rules go I'm not sure, but I can't see any reason why you can't give the DH the advisary powers.
    Last edited by Edicius; June 24th, 2005 at 19:14.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not DH only the DH's opponents as it specifically says in the book sry :p

Sides grey knights and demons are not a good combo

Witch hunters on the other hand...

And dameon hunters with rogue powers...

So this is what I think

In order: Adversary/Rogue psyker

DH: No/Yes

WH: Yes/No

Tyranids and Nercos: No/No

Everything else: Yes/Yes

could be wrong though
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wasn't asking about Daemonhunters with daemons, he was asking about a Daemonhunters Inquisitor using rogue psyker powers when facing Witch Hunters. I think a cool fluffy battle would be Witch Hunters with allied Grey Knights versus a Daemonhunters army with no Grey Knights and an Inquisitor Lord with rogue psyker powers. The Grey Knights join with the Witch Hunters when they discover what's going on. If you wanted to make up a mission have an extra 500 points or so of Grey Knights that start out with the Daemonhunters and swtich sides part way through the game. 'Twould be cool.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

can the daemon hunter inquisitor lord take rogue psyker powers?
    Yes.

The WH Adversary rules state that one HQ character in an army facing Witch Hunters may be given psychic powers - as long as the character doesn't already HAVE psychic powers of his or her own, and is not a Necron. So no combining Hammerhand or Scourging (for example) with any of the Psychic Apocalypse powers. You MUST roll randomly for which power the character recieves, as per the "Psychic Apocalypse" (not "Rogue Psyker") rules.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius
    It would be very fluffy actualy. The Ordo Hereticus is also the Ordo responsible for policing the Inquisition itself. If a Daemonhunter Inquisitor where to suddenly show signs of powers he souldn't have, then the Wichunters would be the ones to take him out. As far as the rules go I'm not sure, but I can't see any reason why you can't give the DH the advisary powers.
    He probaly just spelled it wrong but still :p

Maybe he ment the powers, or may he ment the demons. By bad though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Daemonhunters sent to exorcise a possessed Witchhunter could be interesting. The Witchhunter was about to destroy a tainted object but accidentally got possessed and is now commanding his men to wreck havoc.

+ Reply to Thread