Rads vs Puritans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rads vs Puritans

hi
    me and my warhammer mates have started a campaign and i dont know which to use a puriten or a rad army. plus most of my opponents are more experienced and varied from chaos to nids, guard , tau and possibly eldar and orks.

well i realise im boned but i wanna take as many of them down with me so im asking for help , advice and which would owrk better rads or puritens.
    thankx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brother-captain-scorpion
    hi
    me and my warhammer mates have started a campaign and i dont know which to use a puriten or a rad army. plus most of my opponents are more experienced and varied from chaos to nids, guard , tau and possibly eldar and orks.

well i realise im boned but i wanna take as many of them down with me so im asking for help , advice and which would owrk better rads or puritens.
    thankx
    Well, most people play a puritan army because you can take grey knights. Radical armies are few and far between, but if used correctly are devastating. The hardest part about them is the nature of the daemonhosts (random). Check out the DH TACTICA HERE
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Like Deus Mechanicus mentioned, it comes down to Grey Knights and Daemonhosts. If you prefer one, or only OWN one, then that settles it.

If you have GK, I'd really use them - but that's only because I prefer them as well.

If you have Daemonhosts and want to use them, you'll still have a weak(ish) army, unless you induct IG or SM.

Letting us know what you have would be helpful.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally use a puritan army as an attachment to my sms or ig. They are so much fun to play as this way because they add fluff and kill gapping weakness that both armies possess.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well at the moment i only have about 500pts in models because i still havent finalised my army.
    im broke so i cant buy alot of models. damn there expensive!
    and i have all gk and a terminator and stren + i modified some ig to make them inquistionional stormtroopers.
    so i have the men for a puritan but i need to test out aspects of all of the chapter.
    INOCENCE PROVES NOTHINGINOCENCE PROVES NOTHING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brother-captain-scorpion
    well at the moment i only have about 500pts in models because i still havent finalised my army.
    im broke so i cant buy alot of models. damn there expensive!
    and i have all gk and a terminator and stren + i modified some ig to make them inquistionional stormtroopers.
    so i have the men for a puritan but i need to test out aspects of all of the chapter.
    Well, I would say proxy the radicals then. Try them out without having to purchase them. And if you already have Grey Knights, that kind of settles which army to play. You obviously were attracted to them in the first place so why not play them?
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play an imperial army attach those units to it and your set
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, your choice is Grey Knights or Daemonhosts, like everyone says.

But Grey Knights are an entire army unto themselves (granted a lopsided one).

Daemonhost are just daemonhosts. Ya, they're cool and all. But that's all their is, and you can have only three. The rest of your army is gonna have to be Inquisitors, storm troopers, and allies of one sort or another. All of which you can still use with GK (except reg space marines).

The choice seems clear.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well Gks can also be used as just one unit.

for IG i'd reconmend only a 10 man GK normal squad as termies are expensive (and as guard players know 47 points spent on a termi is 47 points not spend on 9 guardsmen :p )

But you're right the choice is pretty clear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well lately ive got my hands on a witch hunter codex and its very tempting to switch to them and use my gk as inducted support troops.
    INOCENCE PROVES NOTHINGINOCENCE PROVES NOTHING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast