How would you represent the Soul Drinkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

How would you represent the Soul Drinkers

After reading on the Soul Drinkers chapter in the Black Library books I was debating how one could represent the Soul Drinkers chapter out to the Marines Codex. I was figuring you'd have to use several scout squads to represent that they are rebuilding using intiates, of course lead it with a librarian. The rest i would assume would be assault squads with assault type weapons. Through out the books they make reference only once to them using a missile launcher. In addition, never to they mention any heavy support options, so I figure the only option would be Devestator squads with the bare minimum of heavy weapons. Also I figure lots of tactical squads. Terminators are out because they have almost no veterans.

What do you think? And how would you do it?

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

I'd actually use the Chaos codex, with the bulk of the Soul Drinkers being made up of Posessed, and Sarpedon as a Sorcerer rather than Librarian. No Marks of Chaos, Obliterators, or any Daemons or anything along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

To begin, there is another thread that has a post explaning the application of a Soul Drinker's army from book to book. In their current version (army made after crimson tears) the Soul Drinker's have a scout squad for every tactical squad and about one assault squad for every TWO tactical squads because most of the assault marines were Tellos's.

As for termintators, there is only one marine in their entire chapter clad in terminator armour so like its been said: termies are a no-no. The Soul Drinker's use little to no vehicles because they have no where to keep them. (There fleet is after all one space hulk and any working fighters found in it) If you use any vehicles at all, then let them be rhinos to represent how they get from place to place but that would be it. If memory serves, missle launchers, flamers, plasmaguns, lightning claws, power weapons are the mainstay of their extra weapons besides bolters/bolt pistols.

Search this forum for other Soul Drinker's topics, one of them has a very useful post about them... :cool:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread