Using Familiars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Familiars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Familiars

I was thinking about this yesterday and the more I think about it the more that it makes sense to me. what do you think about grey knight characters having the familiar as an option? I think this makes a lot of sense since all grey knights are psykers. This would solve the gross overprice of the bro. cpt. by at least making him In. 5. just get back to me with what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well see the thing is familiars are constructs made especially attuned to the user's brain waves, crafted specifically for or by inquisitors and other power pskers.

See although GKs are psyckers they focus more on staying free of the warp (as it is the essence of the things they stand against) thus are more limited (unlike, say, the space marine libarian).

At least I think thats how it works.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

GK are psykers, yes, but very weak ones. They require an entire unit to pool their powers to get some kind of result - even GK Terminator squads work that way (Holocaust).

GK characters, I can't see a reason why they aren't allowed. Except that they'd be like the new SM Codex's familiars, and not like the DH Codex's familiars, because GK can't have retinues.

A possible reason (no idea if this is right) could have to do with the perils the GK face - the same reason they don't bring regular humans along for the fun (fluff-wise, that is) would be the same reason they wouldn't have a familiar. Easy to corrupt, possess, etc.

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but a familiar is just mindless tool (not unlike arco-flagellants) to be used as extra senses for whoever is using it. (hence the extra I) If GK all have psycicly tuned weapons, it wouldn't be that much extra work to give the big guys familiars. A Grandmaster at I 6 would rip huge amounts of stuff apart.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Guard 1988
    A Grandmaster at I 6 would rip huge amounts of stuff apart.
    Maybe that's exactly why they didn't give it to him.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    Maybe that's exactly why they didn't give it to him.

Seems true yes, but the librarian can rip the same ammount of stuff to peices right? he only has couple of str less, but he also has a force weapon, and it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in what the GM can smash up since he can smash up bout anything without to much problems.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Every point of strength is very important when it comes to close combat, str 4 and str 6 are almost not combarable. Force weapons are not as good as they seem.
    But it would be kinda cool, i like familiars. You can convert them out anything.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    Every point of strength is very important when it comes to close combat, str 4 and str 6 are almost not combarable. Force weapons are not as good as they seem.
    But it would be kinda cool, i like familiars. You can convert them out anything.
    Yeah, I know that the Str difference is pretty big, but as far as I know the librarian has it's own benefits compared to the GM and visa versa. And as far as I know they both create havoc amongst the enemy.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in this case the str differnce is the differnce between wounding on 4s and wounding on 2s against most opponents.

It probaly is condoned as an unholy item as it has the chance to increase the Gks vulnerability to the warp (more powers = more psychic tests= greater chance of warp attack).
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    in this case the str differnce is the differnce between wounding on 4s and wounding on 2s against most opponents.

It probaly is condoned as an unholy item as it has the chance to increase the Gks vulnerability to the warp (more powers = more psychic tests= greater chance of warp attack).
    Sorry, but are we talking bout the force weapons or the familiars? Cuz I don't see why familiar have anything to do with the warp in case of the ini stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast