How to get mobility w/out rhinos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get mobility w/out rhinos?

any suggestions on making a very mobile flexible marine army without the use of transports other than the land raider (which i still think is pretty good in the new eddition?)

is infiltrating worth it?

also anyone who wants to helo i have any army list posted in the army list section that id love some help on

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You could use some assault squads, bike squads or land speeders. It is possible making an army with those if you select certain chapter traits. Other than that, Rhinos are good too.
    Scout squads can infiltrate and move quicker in difficult terrain, might be worth a shot. If you use small heavy weapon tactical squads you might want to use a Razorback to provide extra firepower and enabling them to jump in and go where they are needed.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much anything that move more than 6" a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the problem seems to be that many people feel the rhino is a "mobile death trap" now days...so thats not an effective option, landseepders dont assault and bikes cost a lot of points, so that leaves infiltrators and drop pods for mobility but im wodering are those really any better than rhinios?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beiltan2003
    well the problem seems to be that many people feel the rhino is a "mobile death trap" now days...so thats not an effective option, landseepders dont assault and bikes cost a lot of points, so that leaves infiltrators and drop pods for mobility but im wodering are those really any better than rhinios?
    Was that a quote from me?

Anyhow, Rhino's aren't that bad if all you put on them is smoke and extra armour. Barring your use of Rhinos you will want to get Assault Squads, bikes and speeders - as has been mentioned already. Drop pods are AWESOME if used correctly. Bikes are much better now with 4th ed rules.

The Rhino is pretty much the viable option granted to SMs for transportation. I have learned to accept it, and so far I have only lost about 5 marines in 3 games with 9 Rhinos destroyed. Not too bad I guess.
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Ok, I used to use rhinos, but now, i dont use any what so ever...
    I play Dark angels, and my 1500pts army consists of

HQ - Chaplain on a bike
    Troops - Crap load of scouts (no marines)
    Fast attack- 6 Ravenwing land speeders and 1 full bike squadron of ravenwing bikers

I call it my recon stike force... Its mobility is unparalled, it packs a crazy ammount of firepower (6 assault cannons + 6 heavy bolters in concentrated fire = dead squad every turn) and I dont need any rhinos due to infiltration of all my troops or turbo boosting... plus its a refreshing army to play... no marines in a marine army =D

HyperX
    I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do the infilitrators work out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by beiltan2003
    how do the infilitrators work out?
    Very well, infact, having the bulk of my troops, already closer to his, I find that, my opponent almost always see's an oppertunity to come and attack my troops in CC alot faster, but in reality (notice i dont play much marines or necrons) having alot of sniper rifles in my scouts, i cause major headaches by pinning most units in place. and so i gain the advantage, while my bikes with flamers, and speeders with assault cannonss mop up...

HyperX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HyperX
    Very well, infact, having the bulk of my troops, already closer to his, I find that, my opponent almost always see's an oppertunity to come and attack my troops in CC alot faster, but in reality (notice i dont play much marines or necrons) having alot of sniper rifles in my scouts, i cause major headaches by pinning most units in place. and so i gain the advantage, while my bikes with flamers, and speeders with assault cannonss mop up...

HyperX
    So what do you do when the mission doesn't allow infiltrate?
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mechanicus
    So what do you do when the mission doesn't allow infiltrate?

That’s what’s great about of having scouts with sniper riffles and missile launchers, almost all my units have the sniper range, witch is enough to reach pretty much anything on the other side of the table, so I deploy on my side, normally, and make him come to me... I can reach him, so don’t need to move.

HyperX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast