Second army after Daemonhunters? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second army after Daemonhunters?

Hi, just finished my daemonhunters army and am now looking on to what i should do/play next. There are a few things which i will list to give an idea of my playing style.

In the past i've always played power armys, smurffs and DH but am looking for a change, something which will chalange me and force me to learn a new stlye of play.

The army shouldn't be a heavly played army
    An army that can be converted a lot, just to give it more character
    I like to assault and to raids/hit and run attacks

So what do you think i should do ?

Thanks for any help you can give, im not sure that this is suppose to be in this category but any ways.... :huh:

godfather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like DE except the lots of conversions but you can also play a fast ork army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go WH. Because you can use models from your DH collection, heavily at first, then less as you build the WH.

Or

Orks - totally different in every way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar too, awsome models, uncommon in a lot of circles, fragile but can hit hard...a real finesse army that more than almost any other requires player skill over strenght of models (anyone can charge 100 orks or tyrnaids straight forward)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like you'll be using both kinds of eldar, they are perfectly suited to hit and run as they have heavy hitting power but little staying power (low numbers and armor) and very fast transports (for that hit and run thing).

Witch hunters would work aswell or maybe a catachen army, or a differntly themed IG army (light infantry doctrines, sharp shooters, storm troopers, WH allies and transports, not too many tanks).

See you shouldn't focus on what armies get played but the how flexible it is.

Almost everyone in my store plays SMs, with a little CC tool-up and the addition of a few GKs my army is completly unique to very one elses even though we all play the same army
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with everyones comments - eldar or dark eldar would be perfect. with the de there are plenty of conversion options. in fact, my line of thought is the same as yours - and i play dh and de. they are a great, fast, and wicked force, that complement the dh strategicaly and have a variety of diferent viable tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beiltan2003
    (anyone can charge 100 orks or tyrnaids straight forward)
    good point. But wouldn't that be a nice change of pace for a game or two. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...eply&p=395730#

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd vote dark eldar for u. completely different than daemonhunters, and rely on mobility to get everyone in the desired position to pop up and hit the enemy really hard. if u use em, remember several things:

1) your hq (assuming it's a lord) should always have shadowfield, combat drugs and an agonizer. these groupings turn him into a nice batch of kickass.
    2) against space marines, you should always have a ravager full of disintegrators (either 9 shots of anti marine death, or 3 blasts of what's essentially plasma without the hotness)
    3) dark lances are your best friend against tanks. str 8, and lowers their armor to 12. (unless lower).

the rest can be explained at the D.E. section. ^_^
    "One thing that intrigues people to fantasy is how different it is from reality. Make sure you remember that difference, and you'll have a wonderful time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well space marines are the most heavily played so cross them out
    if you like converting then the Guard are the best choice though they dont fair well in close combat.
    the dark eldar are more for charging with raiders but a dark eldar is a dark eldar

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by funnymouth
    i agree with everyones comments - eldar or dark eldar would be perfect. with the de there are plenty of conversion options. in fact, my line of thought is the same as yours - and i play dh and de. they are a great, fast, and wicked force, that complement the dh strategicaly and have a variety of diferent viable tactics.
    Yes but it takes a true master to use a broadsword, as a rapier. Imperial Gaurd give you something work with however you want to do it. Read this. (Tutorial: Designing an Army List). While I geared it more towards people who have already made up their minds, I think you'll find it... enlightening.

[subliminal]PLAY GAURD[/subliminal]
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast