Space Marine Models\Lists: custom or identical? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

Space Marine Models\Lists: custom or identical?

I saw some army lists on the forums, and it looked to me like there are to kinds of players: ones that likes lots of squad that are completly identical (same costs, same number of models etc.), and some that like every squad to look diffrent (diffrent number of models, specially equiped sargents etc.).
    Also, from my expiriance, the same is applied to modelling and painting, with some people liking the Necron-like look of order and clockwork efficiency and some liking the personlised, trophy full, messy and rugged look of individuals.
    I, as a Black Templars player, am the messy type in both cases, but with the customization abilities of the Templars (adding Neophytes, purity seals etc.) and my Crusade's fluff (anciant crusade that lost most of its wargear and had to loot to arm themshlves), it's hard not to. So, I have the diffrent sized squads (14 men strong, 10 men strong and 6 men strong) some with frag nades, some with bolters, some with CCWs, some with meltas, some with flames, you get the picture... and each model is diffrent, incoporating things he killed (like DE Sccisorhands or Ork Choppas) as well as chaos backpacks and heads to some (that I switched with my freind's, not that I didn't have).
    Anyhow, what are you, and why?

"There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements

Montreal, Quebec
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x4)

Try posting this in the painting forum, youll have more luck. As to army comp, just go check the lists to see what peole are about. Thats what it is there for.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread