Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Here's a question from my army list that probably won't be getting answered, so I should have dropped it in here first:
Question about the Veil of Time power:
It says the Librarian can choose to re-roll any...etc.
Does this mean that I can only re-roll "any" rolls I make FOR the Librarian, or FOR anyone? As it says "any"...
Just gotta make sure on this before I setle with the power. If need-be I'll switch it out for Might of Heroes (D3 extra Power Fist attacks, not to mention on the charge w/ 4 from the Vet Sergeants w/ S9 due to Furious Assault...)
That'd be pretty cool. :cool:Originally Posted by akodo one-eye
But I find myself agreeing with you. I still think I might find it useful, though.
I'd like to re-roll all the misses and failures to wound vs. say, a Tyranid Hive Tyrant with his Force Weapon...and as I'm designing this army vs. 'Nids (my own) I think it'd be a useful ability to have. I might replace it with Might of Heroes, though...I don't know yet.
just remember if you use veil of time you can't use the force weapon.only one majot power a turn.
Yeah it just works for the librarian.Its a pretty good psychic power.
Nasty thing to do vs Nids (or anyone)
Command squad + lib
-Might of heros
- Joins command squad, gets might cast on him and has a familiar..Proceeds to have 5 + D3 attacks that are all force wepon capable.
Take that, HQ units...If you want to be just as bad vs normal troops, have either Veil (to re-roll all of those potential hits) or Fear to make the opposing units take a jog.
Ok, since this is about Veil of Time, I have questions of my own I need clarified.
- If a Librarian under the effects of Veil of Time has bionics and takes a wound from a close combat weapon, is he allowed to re-roll the dice to ignore the wound?
- A Librarian under the effects of Veil of Time hits a tank with a melta bomb, but fails to glance or penetrate it. Is he allowed to re-roll this failed Armor Penetration roll, as one obviously cannot wound a tank?
- Can a Librarian under the effects of Veil of Time re-roll a Difficult Terrain test?
- Can a Librarian under the effects of Veil of Time re-roll a failed Cover Save?
The list of saves and checks is pretty specific, but these seem to fit under what could get re-rolled as well. Bionics are basically just another Invulnerable Save (albeit an unlikely one), and Cover Saves seem to be the same thing (since you can only choose one save to make). You cannot wound a tank, but you can reduce it to scrap metal. It would also be embarressing that after seeing all those potential futures, the Librarian still manages to get his foot caught on a stray root. :p
If these can be addressed individually, that would be appreciated.
Victorus aut mortis,
1) I beleive so, as it is indeed a save.