What is the Best Librarian psychic power? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Best Librarian psychic power?

What do you guys think is the best librarian power???
    I like the idea of fear of darkness but i normally use might of heros and/or veil of time.
    So what are your picks?Do you have any tactics associated with them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

First of all, I think this topic has already been brought up..

Anyways,

In my Deathwing army, I usually use the following (ok, so I always use it):

Epistolary Librarian, stubborn, Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Fear of the Darkness, Might of Heroes
    4x Deathwing Terminators, 2x Assault Cannons, Furious charge
    Drop pod
    435 pts

Deep Striking FoD is marvelous. It has the most potential to give you the most victory points, often making 2 or 3 squads run like sissies (Tau, had 4 Fire Warrior teams and 2 Crisis teams flee). Of course, if you go against someone with an army that can't fail morale checks (like Deathwing), don't bother. The following turn, I charge anyone dumb enough to stay there with might of heroes.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    What do you guys think is the best librarian power???
    I like the idea of fear of darkness but i normally use might of heros and/or veil of time.
    So what are your picks?Do you have any tactics associated with them?
    The majority of the lists I've seen and/or topics, as few army lists as I've seen (that even had Librarians) had Fear of the Darkness. Personally, I'm not using Might of Heroes because it fits my fluff, but I would also consider Fury of the Ancients...it'd just be more annoying than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just a good ole Space Wolves player, so we don't have access to the new psychic powers, but even if i did, I still think I would take my Rune Priest's Storm Caller ability. The ability for one of my Blood Claws squads to strike first going into close combat (Storm Caller grants any squad the ability to be treated as if it were in cover, even when assaulting). When Im talking about a charge the produces 70+ close combat throws, and of that anywhere between 8 and 12 power weapons attacks, Its a nice little ability to throw into the teeth, especially when we're talking speciality CC squads like Banshees, Striking Scorpions, Raptors, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Fear of darkness is a very good or useless power, depends who you're facing. If I used a librarian i'd prob use FoD cause if I wanted a CC monster i'd take a chaplain

As for stormcaller. Banshees ALWAYS strike first, it doesnt matter if you're in cover. Always striking first > Int 10. Works against those other troops listed tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirasu
    Fear of darkness is a very good or useless power, depends who you're facing.
    Yeah of course,well useless is abit over the top its just not as effective,it can still work but it has a higher chance of success against low ld armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Well, my favorite psychic power is Might of Heroes, since every HQ I get has a jump pack. I just stick him in an Elite Assault Squad and cast Might of Heroes on my power fist-wielding Veteran Sergeant. This has led to the death of many a character in my experience. It's also very fluffy in my Raven Guard.

If I need to get somewhere in a hurry, I'll use Veil of Time to help get the job done. It usually doesn't help my Movement or Shooting Phases, but when it comes down to Assault I can usually get where I need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Personally, I'm not using Might of Heroes because it fits my fluff, but I would also consider Fury of the Ancients...it'd just be more annoying than anything else.
    Gaunts and Genestealers don't like making armor saves, so any shooting you can add is a plus. Not to mention FotA only stops once it reaches the table edge or a friendly unit.

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype
    Well, my favorite psychic power is Might of Heroes, since every HQ I get has a jump pack. I just stick him in an Elite Assault Squad and cast Might of Heroes on my power fist-wielding Veteran Sergeant. This has led to the death of many a character in my experience. It's also very fluffy in my Raven Guard.

If I need to get somewhere in a hurry, I'll use Veil of Time to help get the job done. It usually doesn't help my Movement or Shooting Phases, but when it comes down to Assault I can usually get where I need to go.

Gaunts and Genestealers don't like making armor saves, so any shooting you can add is a plus. Not to mention FotA only stops once it reaches the table edge or a friendly unit.

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    Merp..did I really type that? :eek:

I totally meant I AM using it because it fits my fluff! Ack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Merp..did I really type that? :eek:

I totally meant I AM using it because it fits my fluff! Ack!
    I knew you did, man. I just thought it was a little too obvious to mention. ^_^

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype
    I knew you did, man. I just thought it was a little too obvious to mention. ^_^

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    I must be tired or something... :mellow:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast