Lightning Claw Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightning Claw Rules

Im VERY new to warhammer and am currently Building a raven Guard Army and was wondering if any one knows the particulars of shrikes wing.

i was attempting to make his wing but in my space marine codex it states that only models in terminator armour can use dual lightning claws. i was wondering if i could still give shrikes wing dual lightning claws considering that they were derived from a special character?

Any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

It doesn't state that only marines in Terminator Armour can take Dual LC's. The little T means that models in Terminator Armour are able to take them, not that they are restricted to models in Terminator Armour. Check the entry for the Chainfist on page 22 for comparison.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Firstly, shrike's talons are specially made.
    Secondly, Shrike's wings are a vet squad and it says under vet squad that they can have a pair of lightning claws.
    Thirdly, it says nowhere that only termies can have lightning claws. The T in the armoury means that this is the only equipment that termies can have, not the other way around. The only things that only termies can have are:
    chainfists, terminator armour

Edit-sorry Corianis. I was still typing when you put in your post.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne
    Im VERY new to warhammer and am currently Building a raven Guard Army and was wondering if any one knows the particulars of shrikes wing.

i was attempting to make his wing but in my space marine codex it states that only models in terminator armour can use dual lightning claws. i was wondering if i could still give shrikes wing dual lightning claws considering that they were derived from a special character?

Any help would be great.
    Welcome to LO, Raiyne. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Shrike and his Wing are all special characters, meaning they cannot be armed with anything else. As Corianis said, any model with access to the Armory can take lightning claws, not just Terminators. I myself use a custom Master with dual lightning claws, and will occasionally master-craft them if the points allow it.

Shrike is particularly vulnerable for an independent character, especially compared to other special characters and the ever-popular Chaplain. When used with his Wing, they can be a devastating unit. The downside? A minimally-sized squad costs more than eight Assault Terminators with Furious Charge. They can also meet an untimely demise by means of a well-placed AP 3/2/1 ordnance hit or a reasonable amount of plasma gun/krak missile/lascannon fire if left in the open (meaning you need to take full advantage of their Stealthiness). The perks? You can neutralize a squad of dangerous heavy/special weapon squads (like the hated Death Guard Havocs) in Turn One with lightning claw madness. Not to metion you can get at least one kill with Shrike himself before even rolling to wound, courtesy of his Raven's Talons.

If you want some tips on making the Wing, I'll be glad to share a couple of tips. You'll need one or two Assault Marine sprues (depending on your desired squad size;old or new is fine), at least four Space Marine Veteran Lightning Claw sprues (again, depending on squad size), and at least four jump packs (you can get the sprues or purchase them individually at your local store).

Do you have Index Astartes IV? It contains fluff on the sons of Corax among other things. I keep meaning to get it myself. :mellow:

I myself don't use Shrike in games, but I've playtested him for my revised Raven Guard Tactica. I still have to work out some kinks and draw some stuff up, but I'll be glad to share what knowledge and experience I have with a fellow Shadow Captain. Don't neglect your Scouts, either. Raven Guard are well-known for their usage of the Tenth Company as well.

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea how to get pairs of lighning claws at least semi-enmesse? I was thinking of equipping a full termie assault squad with them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off welcome to LO,hope you have a good stay.
    As for the terminator assault squad well you can buy blister packs of terminators with a pair of lightning claws.But they are the old terminators.I beleive they a going to eventually release a box set of a terminator assault squad so you can either wait till then and buy that or get the old ones OR buy the old ones and attach the claws to the new terminator bodys,but that will be quite pricey for a begginer and you could spend the money on more usefull things.
    Regards,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You could of course order the lightning claw arms separately, it would not be as pricy as buying the blister packs and the box of termies.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks heaps for your help guys.

i know it may sound like im stupid but im new.

thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne
    Thanks heaps for your help guys.

i know it may sound like im stupid but im new.

thanks again.
    No prob, dude. Always glad to help a fellow wargamer out. Be sure to post your first army list here on LO so we can take a look at it. Just be warned that I give advice on how to make an army fluffy as well as tactically efficient.

Remember, you are not stupid. You are new, just like the person I'm quoting below.

Quote Originally Posted by Some random newbert whose name temporarily escapes me

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the sons of Corax. Good luck with your covert ops.

Victorus aut mortis,
    -Archetype
    signature pending

+ Reply to Thread