Have you noticed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you noticed

it seems that GW, wants new players to play Space Marines. Think about it. In the 3rd edition starter set, the two armies were Dark Eldar and Space Marines. It contained 20 dark eldar warriors, and 10 space marines, with a land speeder. Does that seem fair? One of the easiest, tactically speaking, armies for newbies to play, and one of the hardest for even vets to play. And recently in WD, when they do a battle report for Battle of Macragge, the Space Marines crush the nids. Even in a recent battle report, showcasing the new terminator s, the Space Marines crushed a very shoddily put together Necron list. The necron player didnt even have a Res Orb because he, "didnt want to take the boring res orb route." But staging battle reports is a different topic. The point is that GW really takes the fun out of the game. What do you think?

Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Please don't take this as offensive. This has been commented on ad infinitum, forever and everyone has noticed it, yes. And it annoys the snot out of most none SM players.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

It annos the hell out of me and I play SM. Just because I use them everyone thinks I'm a newb and hates me. Nowadays there so many kids playing with SM that it is really annoying seeing how everyone compares the SM vets to kids. They're usually badly painted and used with poor tactics. I think that SM should be put completely on hold until things fixed for the other armies like eldar, orks, etc. that have hardly any fluff can be hard to play and haven't had a codex update in years. Even then SM shouldn't get more atention then any other army.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    It annos the hell out of me and I play SM. Just because I use them everyone thinks I'm a newb and hates me. Nowadays there so many kids playing with SM that it is really annoying seeing how everyone compares the SM vets to kids. They're usually badly painted and used with poor tactics. I think that SM should be put completely on hold until things fixed for the other armies like eldar, orks, etc. that have hardly any fluff can be hard to play and haven't had a codex update in years. Even then SM shouldn't get more atention then any other army.
    *Hugs the sensible space marine player, then shuffles off realising he doesn't know the guy*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It annos the hell out of me and I play SM. Just because I use them everyone thinks I'm a newb and s me. Nowadays there so many kids playing with SM that it is really annoying seeing how everyone compares the SM vets to kids. They're usually badly painted and used with poor tactics. I think that SM should be put completely on hold until things fixed for the other armies like eldar, orks, etc. that have hardly any fluff can be hard to play and haven't had a codex update in years. Even then SM shouldn't get more atention then any other army.
    yes. thats it right there. that sums it up.
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

:lol: LOL. :lol:
    I hardly ever get called sensible. Come to think about it, I hardly ever get hugged.

Another point about the 3rd edition starter set is that DE will always lose. If they have the right units and play correctly then DE can be really dangerous, but just a squad of warriors will lose against a tac squad with sergeant, Missle launcher and flamer. GW made so it seemed that SM are undefeatable, and now with the new codex with trait systems they're even tougher. I hardly ever use trait systems myslef. Don't get me started on SMurfs.
    Last edited by Zed; July 20th, 2005 at 16:18.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

It annos the hell out of me and I play SM. Just because I use them everyone thinks I'm a newb and hates me. Nowadays there so many kids playing with SM that it is really annoying seeing how everyone compares the SM vets to kids.
    I can relate to that. :mad:
    But, may I ask when this type of thread will stop popping up? However much we moan, GW aren't going to stop loving SM, and wanting more and more people to play them. :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Which makes it all the more satisfying when you beat them with an out-dated codex and old models that at the start of the battle, were considered weak by your opponent (my friend's DE btw).

I on the other hand have been playing nids since the 3rd ed codex came out and have had the luck of getting a newer one. This makes it all the more easier to destroy power armor.

As been said before, the reason that SMs are more played is because the younger new players are drawn towards the superhuman-ness of them. The older players have realized that most of the armies out there are SMs and decide to start other armies.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

We'll we really show GW and force them to change by complaining to each other about it. Maybe we dare go far enough to, dare I say it, write a formal complaint! Seriously we should try to do something more elaborate if we feel so strongly about this.

As been said before, the reason that SMs are more played is because the younger new players are drawn towards the superhuman-ness of them. The older players have realized that most of the armies out there are SMs and decide to start other armies.
    What about if you're an elder vet who's been round since the days of rogue trader and have a huge SM army that you don't want to give up and people say that your just like a newb.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I came in warhammer 40k the first thing I saw was a huge life-size space marine and every where I looked were space marines and stuff. now I have seen more armies I´m considering a new army. If you look on the GW site and go to the space marine you can see that in that section the Ultra marines are far better presented than all the other armies combined. I think that that is even more annoying for everybody that the Ultra marines are presented far better then they are. just look to the Battle reports in WD.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast