What should I do - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I do

I really like both the Orks and Imperial Guard models. I really want an army to have a lot of fun with because I allready have my competitive army. I allready have a box set of Imp guard, a commissar, a misslelauncher and las cannon squad and a sentinel. I want this army to have fun with, but I still want to win every once in a while...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by GrabYourGlocks
    I really like both the Orks and Imperial Guard models. I really want an army to have a lot of fun with because I allready have my competitive army. I allready have a box set of Imp guard, a commissar, a misslelauncher and las cannon squad and a sentinel. I want this army to have fun with, but I still want to win every once in a while...
    And what's your question? I'd be happy to give you some advice (being both a IG an Ork player) if you tell us a little more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CONVERSIONS AND SCENARIOS!!

Go to the local model store and find some kewl looking models. Then use the vehicle creation rules to come up with an awsome looking, and playing, army.

Scenarios can be fun also. Just make up something crazy, put some terrain to it, and play. I found a big model of a Hercules Missile and now it's a virus bomb that my opponent must disable before it launches at the end of the 6th turn.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont play orks, but I would say that if you are into modelling they probably offer more and easier conversions that an IG army would.

However, if you love tank models and hordes of faceless cannon fodder ranks, then IG is for you!

Orks are more assault oriented and the Guard is widely viewed as a shooty only army. However, I would argue that the Guard is one of the most versitile armies in the game.

It sounds like you have a head start on an IG army with the models you already have, but my advice to you is to head to your local game store and read through both codexes. This will give you an idea of what the miniatures for both sides look like, and will help you decide which army will be more fun and interesting for you to play.

Pick the one you think looks best and fits your playing style, keeping in mind that each army will have different variants (Armored Company, Drop Troops, Mechanized for IG or Speed Freaks etc for Orks)
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

+ Reply to Thread