IG Kill Team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IG Kill Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG Kill Team

In September my local GW store is haveing a kill team tourney. I'm thinking about using a souped up Storm Trooper squad, but I'm not sure. Any advise I can get will be much appreciated.

My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bit vague, who will you be playing?

Storm troopers make nice kill team as im not sure if you can use normal IG (with their formations and all).

You'll want to balance the kill team to take all comers and buy gear depending on the mission.

Try this (sry if I can't remember specific points, no codex here, so it might go over 160)

10 Storm troopers
    1 Vet sarge
    Hell pistol
    Power Weapon
    1 plasma gun
    1 grenade launcher

you can mix and match special weapons but this would be an ideal squad: hell guns and grenade launchers to take out light/medium infantry. A plasma gun for heavy infantry (Sms, crons, Cms etc.) and a vet sarge for a bit of CC power (he's pretty cheap after all).
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get rid of launcher and get flamer. flamer better for infantry in KT. Make sure to get the camo upgrade.
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never played kill-team, so i'm not sure whether you can take doctrines, but if you can... here's my idea:

[159 points]
    9 Hardened Veterans
    3 Meltaguns
    1 Hardened Vet Sgt
    - Bolter

Doctirnes: Carapce Armor, Hardened Fighters

In the Kill-team rules, it states that no model may spend more than 40 points on wargear and special skills. Carapace armor is 20 points per unit (2 pts per model), and Hardened fighters is 15 ponts per unit (1.5 points per model), so even the meltagun troopers are only spending 13.5 points on wargear and special skills.

If it's legal to use doctrines in Kill-team (I don't see why not) then voila! You get the same thing as having a stormtroopers squad, only with an extra special weapon slot. six lasguns, three meltaguns, and a bolter, wrapped in 4+ save with a WS 4. You break a few mutable laws with the melta guns, but who cares? You've got three meltaguns behind a BS 4.
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

"For all the good our lasers are doing, we might as well be spitting at it!" - Dr. Mindbender, Cobra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think carapce armour counts as wargear, so the brute player would be getting 10 extra brute squads and 100 extra points on his boss. on top of that the brute player gets 3 extra squads and 30 extra points, for the melta guns. I think it would be better to just go with this

5 hardened vets
    1 melta gun
    1 hardend Vet Sarge
    -power weapon
    -bolt pistol

that way, you only break one mutable law, and pack quite a punch in CC, the extra power attack will aid in you of the subject brute squad in one turn. With this in mind, if you take the Back Stabbers upgrade, you will be in very good shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand where you're getting the ten extra brute squads from. There' the three for having the three meltaguns. The carapace armor is not taken from the armory, it's taken as a doctrine and doesn't break any rules concerning points spent on wargear. Since the carapace armor is taken as a doctrine and not wargear, the hardened vets aren't breaking any mutable laws.

I could be wrong, but that's what the rules sound like to me.
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

"For all the good our lasers are doing, we might as well be spitting at it!" - Dr. Mindbender, Cobra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt know if carapce armour was wargear or not so ur right. if it was then the brutes would get 10 extra squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tourney is two kill teams against each other (no brutes). It's take and hold, 160 pts.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ratlings and an autocannon? If there is no brutes than who cares if you brake 1 mutable law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt it be more point-cost effective to take Hardened Vets instead of Storm Troopers?

You would save 2 points per man, and 3 points on the Vet. Sergeant. You get the improved BS plus, you get Infiltrate for free instead of having to pay a point per model for it.

Just a suggestion.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast