Small Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Army

How do you think a DH force with 2 LR and one LRC filled with oure GK's will do the Lr's should lay down cover fire right...you think its a good plan?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That list could do well, as long as the enemy doesn't have a whole lot of Lascannons or such. You would also be severely out numbered as the most guys you could have is 28.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I fugured is ill have 30GK and a GM and 4 termies
    I like this list alot cause I get to use a LR and a LRC effectivly to the MAX!

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

against my IG force...kiss your a## good bye. against my SMs....good bye,against my DH....good be! not a god idea to me m8, infantry are the way forward!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

though the crusaders can hold upto fifteen greyknights, you can only have squads of up to ten, so really are limited to 25 if you are filling up crusaders with PAGK and Radiers with Termies. Though a squad of fifteen Greyknights would be a sight to see in combat, it just can't be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    How do you think a DH force with 2 LR and one LRC filled with oure GK's will do the Lr's should lay down cover fire right...you think its a good plan?
    Spending over 700 points on three models that may very well go poof on turn one is tough call. On the other hand, if all three make it to the front lines intact the enemy is in a world of hurt.

How about a single LRC loaded with a unit of GK with a teleport homer and smoke launchers? Change your 2 GK squads to teleport squads (free) and bring a unit of termies.

Turn 1 - Race the LRC forward max distance and blow smoke (only glancing hits)
    Turn 2 - Move forward. If at least one of your teleport squads or termies are available deploy the GK squad. Then either DS to the homer or try their luck somewhere else.
    Turn 3 - Any remaining DS troops that come into play this turn can DS to the homer or try their luck somewhere else.

This saves you almost 500 points so it's like getting the termies for free.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For just about 2000 points you can purchase 2 LR, 1 LRC, 2 10-man GK squads, and an 8-GKT HQ+retinue.

Not a lot of troops, but fully mobile (GKT in LRC, GK in the LRs). I don't know how well this will work. I'm tempted to try it, but would need to purchase/build 2 more LRs (1 LR and 1 LRC actually)

Probably, you might be better off dropping the LRC for a 9-man FA GK squad. Throw a tp homer on each of the transported Troop justicars. Then you've got 2 transported squads and 2 DS squads (GKT and FA). Still pretty mobile, and the LRs will draw fire, as well as giving some anti-tank oomph.

The problem with using HS as transports, however, is scenarios that don't allow HS to deploy before Troops.

+ Reply to Thread