could use a lil help if you dont mind ^_^ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could use a lil help if you dont mind ^_^

hello hello hello... looking threw my space marines codex and daemon hunters codex i was curious to create my own chapter once again with me rembember nothing of the old chapter so i could use some help fluff wise and such the paint sceme will be a med to light green with a very waterd down ink wash and a limish green high lights gold and black weapons, if this sounds good please give some feed back

the traits im throwing around right now are these...

Trust your battle brothers
    Blessed be the warriors
    no mercy no respite
    Heed the wisdom of the anchients

fluff wise i want them to be anti warp so no libarians and those that do die they would put in dreadnoughts.

so i would probebly go with a significant divergence with no mercy no respite and heed the wisdom of the ancients

and as far as major draw backs and minor drawbacks fluff wise there knights so why not take eye to eye as they are "knights" and have faith in suspicion for the anti warp thoughts.

so if some people would like to help throw me some ideas ^_^ thanks

I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK your colour scheme sounds very "Salamanders" which are broadly published (look inside the back page of your SM codex - see the green commander and standard bearer - Salamanders! alternatley, Sons of Medusa:

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...php?i=844&c=29

As for traits, etc, well fluff wise, they dont like warp - fair enough, that probably helps your with the dissadvantages, but what about advantages- how do you want to use them? are they assault experts? are they shootists? veterans? jumps packs? bikers? etc etc, if you want your fluff to drive your traits then you need to put together more fluff, alternatley pick traits you like and write the fluff around it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well like i said i want the dread noughts because they dont like letting there marines going to the warp when the die (isent that where the go i.e warp = heaven???) but i want some fourm of green with out looking totally like salamanders this will be a toughy
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could go with 6 dreadnoughts army. There's probably some good thread on this.

About the color theme, Green and white would look quite different from Sala..

Hope that help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK there is a slight problem with fluff here, you seem to think that dreadnaughts are housing dead marines, not so.

First point is dreadnaughts are rare machines, frequently they have ahd a number of occupants, when one driver dies, he will b replaced, the machinery is too valuable and rare for it not to be, so you do not get every dead marine entombed in sarcophagi

Secondly, when humans die they are do not become concious entities in the warp, their psychic presence is not sufficient for this, this particular form of misery is reserved for the Eldar

Thirdly, and most importantly, The occupants of dreadnaughts are not, as I said above dead, generally they are so sorely wounded they need machinery to stop the dieing, hence they are entoubed in ancients Sarcophagii which have iinbuilt life support systems, and generally put in cryogenic sleep until times of need when thy are awoken and their sarcophagii are placed in the dreadnaughts. For all chapters, the numner of dreadnaughts is not affected by the number of near dead/dying marines but by the number of dreadnaughts available to them

last thing, you may want to look at this:

http://inquisitor.users1.50megs.com/...exgallery.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Even though it does not really match the fluff, this is what the marines believe, right? I don't think that most of the inhabitants in the 41st millenium really know what will happen to them after they die. Maybe these marines think that you become trapped in the warp, and thus saving their most wounded brothers by encasing them in dreadnought armour. They might even have a lot of Dreadnought armour, at a cost of Terminator armour maybe or they might have found and taken a lot of them when coming to save a world from being consumed by the Tyranids, but too late.. The possibilites are endless when you count belief as a factor.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with Cheredanine. The dreadnought armour is reserved for marines that have proven their martial prowess in long and incredibly heroic careers, and who are wounded unto the point of death, but have not quite yet died. At the same time though, this can still be a very usable piece of fluff...the chapter in question does not like to relinquish their greatest heros, and will fight with great valour to keep the wounded body of such a hero alive long enough to inter him in the dreadnought.

Similarly, humans, even space marines, do not simply have the psychic ability to maintain the coherency of their soul after death. As such, the soul simply dissipates, except in the rare occasion where a daemon rips out a person's soul to consume it, floss with it, mutilate it, whatever. If im not mistaken, it will still dissipate after awhile, as such they would not endure the unending torment that the Eldar would go through in such a excruciating situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that your army idea is really cool. i would do something of a 6 dread army too is i wasnt raven guard.(we have flesh over steel wich only allows us one dread. as for your army idea sound cool write more fluff so you can model your traits even more.
    -Strike from the shadows!

Raven Guard 1000pts
    1/1/0

Black templars 500 pts
    0/0/0

"No Mercy, No Respite"

:lol: you cant spell slaughter without laughter :lol:

Order of The Black Rose
    Blood gods Neophyte

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Flesh over steel doesn't affect Dreds.

As for the army, if they are knights, I would pick Trust your Battle Brothers, No mercy, no respite, Eye to Eye, and Have Pride in your Colors. Those seem to fit what I think of knights.

Trust is because knights would have supreme trust is eachother. No mercy is because they will not let the heretic or evil ones live. (I think knight would be cc orientated so Suffer not the Works of Heretics wouldn't work), Eye to Eye because I don't really see knights as using that type of stuff, and Have Pride in Your Colours because knights are generally all honour and stuff, so they would go more for a head on approach then a sneaky one. As for Have Faith in Suspicion, you could just not use Librarians.

If you wanted more dred, then take out No Mercy, No Respite for Heed The Wisdom of The Aincients.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kkk, first thing I didn't read every post so they might be repetitive...

Blessed by the warriors and no mercy no respite are both assault marine traits (expect the mercy can be used with tacticals). The blessed trait removes most of the purpose of heed the wisdom of the ancients.

I think u should go with these:

No mercy no respite

Take the fight to them

Heed the wisdom of the ancients (well I don't really like this one)

Trust your battle bros.

Eye to eye

have faith in suspicion.

That seems very close combat and knight-like for your chapter with even the tacticals being able to dish out damage in CC. This would be a very mobile army, transports and dreads to back em up. Maybe some termies...

A word of warning though, with have faith in suspicion u can't take GKs as they are pskers. I don't know if you'd want em but all this talk about knights is getting me confused :confused:
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast