Has anyone noticed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Has anyone noticed?

In the Rites of Battle description it says that all other space marine squads may use his leadership for morale checks etc. What if your opponent also plays space marines? Then this means that his marines too get boosted by your Commander.
    Of course this can't be correct since your commander is unlikely to command the enemy troops, but still a funny thing to notice... also if you play 2vs2 with space marine allies.
    :cool:
    What a blunder really, it should be all other space marine squads in your army.

Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Lol Tyranids had something like that.. In a nid vs nid battle synapse went crazy since you merely gave it to all nids within 12" not specifically all nids in your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Ha! :lol:
    Could cause a lot of confusion, but I guess it is usually overcome somehow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

theres stupid things like this in fantasy, where you can "have a steam tank for every 2000pts in your army", so effectively any army not just empire. its alos he same on teclis...

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

It's obvious really. GW just expects you to use common sense. But there are those that will use it as a excuse. But you can't expect GW to be too exact. Firstly because they're too lazy, and secondly because we'd end up with rules like. It will boost all SM squad in your army, that you control, when playing the game, if there is full moon and if there isn't a full moon. While it's raining, no matter how big the board is, etc. It's like someone saying. "Ah, but the rules don't state that this happens while your playing CSM. The answer is that it doesn't need to. People just need to use common sense to see what would happen if it were a real battle.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

People just need to use common sense to see what would happen if it were a real battle.
    I'm sorry, but GW has ruled this out too. If we used common sense, then a huge artillery shell landing one centimeter away from a tank would blast it into fragments small enough to pick your teeth with. (As a Military Intelligence professional, I can tell you for absolute certain that this is what a high powered arty shell would do to a tank) In game terms, however, if that little hole in the blast template misses the tank by the width of a crotch hair, then you sure aren't going to hurt it.

Common sense would say that weapons that ignore invulnerabe armor saves, wouldn't ignore invulnerable dodge saves..... ect.

I realize that in this situation you are correct. It wouldn't apply to enemy soldiers, however, you can't just say use common sense, cause if GW doesn't what the hell does anyone expect us to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this was primarily an oversight, that GW had expected the unsaid words to be filled in by common sense. I mean, seriously, how in god's creation could enemy models, even if they were also SM, be inspired by your commander?? And also, why would they create a model that would have his already low playtime in the new scheme of things erased by an idiotic rule. And beyond that who but a power gamer would insist that your commander had inspired HIS troops, and thus he would gain the benefit of YOUR commanders leadership. If someone said something like that to me, I would look at him like he was on crack, pack up my army, and leave cause I would not like to play with a gamer like that.

Seriously, I do think that GW has made some pretty serious errors in judgement concerning how certain weapons/abilities work, but I find it difficult to believe even they would be THAT stupid. Admittedly, losing HALF Of an ordance weapons strength if the hole isnt directly above the target vehicle is ludicrous to me (a point or two of strength seems more reasonable), but I really dont think that points to actual lunacy in their rules-writing department.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

Where does it say that about ordenance weapons?

As for the SM ans Synapse stuff, it is a bit stupid, though I'm sure people can create good resons for it... Like teh Hive mind helps both, or the SM fight is for training and the commanders are confused about which team they're on. :p
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H0urg1ass
    I'm sorry, but GW has ruled this out too. If we used common sense, then a huge artillery shell landing one centimeter away from a tank would blast it into fragments small enough to pick your teeth with. (As a Military Intelligence professional, I can tell you for absolute certain that this is what a high powered arty shell would do to a tank) In game terms, however, if that little hole in the blast template misses the tank by the width of a crotch hair, then you sure aren't going to hurt it.

Common sense would say that weapons that ignore invulnerabe armor saves, wouldn't ignore invulnerable dodge saves..... ect.

I realize that in this situation you are correct. It wouldn't apply to enemy soldiers, however, you can't just say use common sense, cause if GW doesn't what the hell does anyone expect us to do.
    It is a game and will not simulate real combat in any way. O sure if you shoot some one in the chest with a M4 then yes he will die the same as if you get shot in the chest with a lasgun. There are simularities there but in 40k army intelligence would be vastly different. Especially if there were any chaos armies about or anything that required using the randomness of the warp. Like moving system to system when you can't be sure when or at what time period you will arrive. Also if artillery shells were as useful as you think they should be there wouldn't be any army that wasn't made up of 3 artillery pieces because no other army would have a chance. The armies have to be detached from reality by quite a bit for the game to not only be playable but to be sci-fi.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

:o Excuse me? Did I say it confuses me? I said it could cause confusion. I am offended by what you said but am not going to start a flame war about it. :mellow:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast