Flesh tearers question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Flesh tearers question

Right, I'm really not sure about this.
    Just after the new marine codex came out, I started a flesh tearers army. Now for most armies, there are FAQS on the internet for usage with the new rules. Now I know that there is a blood angel FAQ on the net, and the flesh tearers rules are simply modifications of the blood angels rules, with differences to death company selections, etc. So is it possible I could still use the original flesh tearers rules, acting on the modifications to codex:blood angels? Help, please, i like my flesh tearers but i need to know this so i don't have people ranting at me that i'm cheating.

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I have a flesh-tearer playing friend, and he claims that's the case.
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here in italy they say you can :cool:

Von Romanoff :eek:

The Thousand Sons and The Ultramarines face eachother on opposite sides of a battlefield.
    Bob: Move the troops into those strategic positions to face the chaos scum!
    Magnus: *Eyes glow* You want to move the troops into the minefield.
    Bob: *Turns to Sergeant* No, move them into the minefield instead.
    Magnus: Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by
    May the Emperor's Light shine upon you, and the commissar's barrel not
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

SM Emperor's shadows: Undefeated 15-0-0(the last count as 2 ;) )
    SM Lysander Bomb:Undefeated 2-0-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine it would be the same. My understanding of the FAQs is that the rules affected not just the army named, but all armies using that particular set of rules. Thus, for example, if you had a custom chapter that used the space wolves rules, they would still not be able to use the new chaplain abilities or librarian psychic powers. As such, I would assume that the modifications to the BA rules for flesh tearers would remain in effect. If they didnt, i feel sure that GW would have issued a FAQ noting the changes.
    Just to double check, the FT's differences from the blood angels more or less reflected their higher tendancy to slip into the black rage right? Thus generally higher DC numbers, rage charges etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fleash tearers

could some oneplease tell me where you find the rules for the Flesh Tearers because i think they are cool and would really like to try them out. as for your question i think you would just use the faq and change the rules where you needed.
    Last edited by Lady Bastet; August 3rd, 2005 at 02:54. Reason: translated from Eeenglish to English
    TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Wallace
    I would imagine it would be the same. My understanding of the FAQs is that the rules affected not just the army named, but all armies using that particular set of rules. Thus, for example, if you had a custom chapter that used the space wolves rules, they would still not be able to use the new chaplain abilities or librarian psychic powers. As such, I would assume that the modifications to the BA rules for flesh tearers would remain in effect. If they didnt, i feel sure that GW would have issued a FAQ noting the changes.
    Just to double check, the FT's differences from the blood angels more or less reflected their higher tendancy to slip into the black rage right? Thus generally higher DC numbers, rage charges etc?
    You hit the nail on the head. Basically, if you'll allow me to go into a little space marine chapter history lesson here, the Flesh Tearers did away with the process of blood transfusions for their space marines, and as such suffer from the black rage even more than their predecessor chapters. That pretty much means that when a marine suffers from the black rage (which they often do, not just before the eve of battle), they usually don't come out of it, becoming madder and madder until they have to be locked up in a tower on the flesh tearers home planet. As such, the flesh tearers only have four companies left. In game terms, this is represented in the fact that flesh tearers will become death company a lot more frequently, on a lot more rolls, and the sergeant will always be the first to go. Therefore you usually have about 10 death company or more. Also, you get death company dreadnoughts, furioso dreadnoughts with more attacks and 2D6 armour penetration, along with blood rage. They also enter the black rage more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by pencils are cool
    could some one ploz tell me where you find the rules for the flesh teares coz i thgink they are cool and would really like to try them out. as fo your question i think you would sust use the faq and change the rules where you needed.
    You'll need codex:blood angels and index astartes I. The rules are in there.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pencils are cool
    could some one ploz tell me where you find the rules for the flesh teares coz i thgink they are cool and would really like to try them out. as fo your question i think you would sust use the faq and change the rules where you needed.
    Also, a little english lesson shall do you good.
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akodo one-eye
    Also, a little english lesson shall do you good.
    Then you should know that English is spelt with a capital.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

According to the GT allowed armies, the flesh tearers are not allowed in US or Uk tournaments.. Atleast with their special rules

When the new SM codex came out they *Were* allowed but now apparantly they must only use Codex: Blood Angels and cannot use index astartes

As always, you can play with your friends how you want

+ Reply to Thread