Librarium Online Forums banner

left handed guardsmen

926 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Onaeus 
#1 ·
does anyone know how to make left handed guardsmen?
while I myself am right handed, and I know most people are, and that is made into the models being all right handed, I thought it would be cool to have a few left handed ones in my infantry army, like one in a squad and one in a platoon command squad. so anybody with conversions or something post it.

#2 ·
Onaeus said:
while I myself am right handed, and I know most people are, and that is made into the models being all right handed, I thought it would be cool to have a few left handed ones in my infantry army, like one in a squad and one in a platoon command squad. so anybody with conversions or something post it.
Could always try to get open-palmed (ish) left hands...from sprues or something. Not sure if they have any of them. But anyways, and bend it or something and get the lasgun in it, maybe shaving off the eagle on the lasgun or any other little thingies that you need..or something. Just throwing out ideas.

#3 ·
I could do that, but then there the issue of the other hand, I'm not looking for a special guy left handed with a lasgun,holding something else, I'm looking for a regular guy firing or whatever like a regular guardsman

#4 ·
Onaeus said:
I could do that, but then there the issue of the other hand, I'm not looking for a special guy left handed with a lasgun,holding something else, I'm looking for a regular guy firing or whatever like a regular guardsman
Thats going to take some tough converting, but if you did it you'd have a one of a kind Guardsman.

#5 · (Edited)
it's a lil tricky to do, but it can be done ;)

actually it is much easier to do with non-lasguns (ie bolters). i made up Vet Sgt w/ a Bolter who is holding it with one hand (left) and throwing a grenade w/ his right.

i used the Sgt Chainsword arm and cut off everything saving the hand. then i took a bolter and slapped that on. i imagine you could do the same w/ the bare lasgun that comes in the spures (or the las-carbine thatcomes w/ the tanks).

but as for a guardsman holding a lasgun lefty like the normal guardsmen hold it righty... that'll probably take some greenstuff. just off some shoulder pads and greenstuff the arms/hands holding a lasgun. i'm not skilled with greenstuff, so good luck ;)

PS. LEFTY PRIDE!!!!

#6 ·
Onaeus said:
Isn't use of the left hand a Chaos induced genetic deviation indicating latent psyker powers or worse, with all such individuals purged by the Inquistion?

(I'm too lazy to do that particular conversion ;) )

#7 ·
vorlon said:
Isn't use of the left hand a Chaos induced genetic deviation indicating latent psyker powers or worse, with all such individuals purged by the Inquistion?
A valid point! Left handedness has always been likened with evil.

As a successful and patriotic Guard Commander myself, and being left handed, I can state that my faith in the Emperor is stronger than any two right handed folk put together!

#8 ·
maybe he would be the regular guardsman beside a sanction psyker ^_^
but I think it might be possible by heavily mutilatin a chainsword arm and las pistol arm. and lots of green stuff,which sadly I'm not the best with, but I'm okay enough(I envy those people who are amazing with using greenstuff).
having played marines as my first army, I'm use to pretty simple conversions(shifting the shooting arm in different positions)but guard are different, and this'll be cool.

#9 ·
The IG are based on the old Soviet model. The Soviet way was that if anyone displayed a left side dominance, it was beaten out of them as soon as it was discovered, usually at a very young age when those things can be compensated for. Conformity is the rule.

The Space Marines do no such thing as they understand that to perform at full potential, the naturally dominant side should be in control.

#12 ·
None of my guardsmen are beaten into being right handed, but they're all trained to shoot right-handed. That's why they can't hit anything and I have to buy sharpshooters to make them more effective.

That being said, my guardsmen do a lot of running. 5 miles every day. Six on Saturday. It pays off too... as soon as a few guys get killed *poof* they take off running.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Back to the subject of the thread. You could sculpt the arms out of Green stuff. Look on coolminiornot.com for articles on sculpting. Other than that all you can do is hack up some plastic arms (maybe from the heavy weapons team sprue) and try and get the right pose.

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.