DC chaplains - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC chaplains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC chaplains

About DC chaplains, they used to be 180 pts. but in the update they r 210, doesnt this seem a bit pricey to you. well my question is do they come with jumpacks, or only what normal chaplains come with. thanks in advance

~Lusipius

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some1 plz reply : (

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Are expensive.

Seriously. My BA Chaplain is upwards of 250 points, with jetpack and termy honours. The exorbitant price is not compulsory, since you can choose to remove 110 points and not get the extra DC. But that defeats the purpose of having a Chaplain...for most people.

It's something that needs to be fixed in the next codex. I mean, yeah, they are really good, but...210 points base? Jesus. A Farseer is 30 points and is probably more useful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farseers are only useful if your opponent doesn't have a Hood on his librarian though.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Company !!!!

Yes the DC chappy and Co. are very expensive but worth it. I mean think about it. You get an assault squad with more wounds, more attacks, AND a "get back up" save. This topic was discussed along time ago on this forum and I think we concluded that each death company model was worth around 40-50 points. Now you only add 110pts to your chappy's cost for this and you see that you are getting more for your buck. Also think about all those attacks combined with your chappy's Liniates of Hate (sorry for mis-spell). The death company is a wrecking ball of... well death. So In conclusion I would agree they are expensive, but worth the points ten times over.

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, being a BA player this cost seems a little too much for a chaplin but I guess thats what u get when u get a hard hitting Death Company for free. Plus you have to keep in mind that tyhe Chaplin is not only an HQ but when put with the Death Company it controls their red thirst and you don't have to keep moving and charging anything in site.

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No netspeak please.

IMO, Death co marines are crazy. They are worth their points any day of the week. Heck, why not take two chappies in 2000 points. That says, "Hey, For 420ish pts, it is better than your SMurf Command squad!"

Oh, and farseeers are not worth their points. That eldar player I played only won because it was a recon game against my slow and ponderous army without GKT backup.

The famed Seer council sweep only took out a tac squad and a half.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodinferno
    Yes the DC chappy and Co. are very expensive but worth it. I mean think about it. You get an assault squad with more wounds, more attacks, AND a "get back up" save. This topic was discussed along time ago on this forum and I think we concluded that each death company model was worth around 40-50 points. Now you only add 110pts to your chappy's cost for this and you see that you are getting more for your buck. Also think about all those attacks combined with your chappy's Liniates of Hate (sorry for mis-spell). The death company is a wrecking ball of... well death. So In conclusion I would agree they are expensive, but worth the points ten times over.
    They only have the one wound. Which irritates me to no end when Bob the Biel-Tan Player charges me with Howling Banshees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The death company IS DEFINANTLY WORTH ITS COST. I give my chappy termy hounors and the artificer armour and the mantle thats 6 power weapon attacks that can reroll misses and wound on 2 that dont allow armour saves when you charge PLUS the other guys with you who get 4 attacks when charging and who wound on 2s re roll misses. Not only that but on average the death company without the chaplain of 7 marines on average deals 15 wounds. Add the chappy... that 21 wounds with six of which dont allow amrour saves. Just pay 20 to give them all jumppacks and you got a bad a** asault squad. only for 200 some od points. Just dont ever deepstrike them thats not a good idea unless you know your in good cover and cant take a shot the turn they comein.
    [W-L-D]
    Blood Angels 2nd company 5-2-3

"The voices in my head arnt real..." "But they have some good ideas!"
    (click it)
    go to Ex Libris Mortis for blood angels tactica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how exactly do they wound on 2's?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast