Need help with army fast! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Need help with army fast!

Okay everyone, I have a problem.

My original plan for the 1000pt. army I'll be playing in a comp at my local gaming club tomorrow was as follows-

1 Brother Captain
    1 Inquisitor -Psycannon-, 3 gun servitor-2xHvy. Bolter, 1x Plasma Cannon-,2 sage, 1 mystic
    10 FAGK - incinerator
    10 IST - 2xgrenade launcher
    10 IST - 2x flamer
    Eversor Assasin
    Gk Dreadnought - Assault cannon, DCCW, incinerator.

Unfortunately, of the models that I ordered from a store in Melbourne, some did not arrive. Essentially the entire inquisitors retinue. I have also not been able to find an Eversor Assasin in the local shop, despite my thinking they had one (I think it sold out). So they models I have been left to work with are-

20 IST, 12 PAGK, 12 GKT, 1 GK hero, 1 Inquisitor/Lord, Vindicare Assasin, Dreadnought.

The rules are- No tanks, unless they are transports, and no land raiders. No more than one model above 3 wounds.(I have a LRC, but because of these rulesI can't use it.)

Can someone please suggest what In can change to make this list work again? :confused: P.S- I would appreciate a speedy reply, the comp is tomorrow (The order was also late, I thought I'd have more time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

add some termies, or more ist or more gk or the dread personally id go with the dread of termies but thats just me ^_^

GL TOMARROW!!!!!!
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you enemys are mostly Tyranids or orks, I´d never take flamer for the IST, better use plasma guns.

The inqusistor is fine, besides that i´d use the callius more often then the eversor .

10 man FAGK is fine, too.

But What are u planning to use the Brother Captain to?
    Ok I know u can´t take the Dread without him, but whenn there are no enemy tanks around u won´t need the Dread as much.

I´d suggst dropping both and fielding one more FAGK and maybe chimeras and telepot homers for the IST.
    And even when I´m dead,
    I´m still gonna bang my head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Keep the Dread - an assault cannon/dccw/incinerator combo is just as lethal vs infantry as it is vs armor.

I agree with THE_MONK on the issue of IST flamers - plasma guns would be a better choice here. Then again, in small games, templates rule...

Is that list of models you gave at the end your ENTIRE collection, or what you have in ADDITION to the list you posted above it? If it's in ADDITION, then I'd just add another unit of FAGK or PAGK to the mix. If not, things are a bid trickier.

The Inquisitor is kinda pointless, so drop him entirely. The Vindicare I'd leave at home as well - they just aren't worth their cost.

Your only real choice is to either a) split the FAGK unit into two, and add a model to each (using the full 12 GK you have), or b) adding GKT as a bodyguard to the Brother-Captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Allright Everyone, heres what happened on the day. I took some of the advice into my list.

This is the list I used on the day-

GK Grand Master - 2 terminator retinue, frag grenades.

Inquisitor - Terminator armour, Power weapon,storm bolter, melta bombs.

10 FAGK - Incinerator, deep strike.

10 IST - 2x Grenade launcher. Veteran: Plasma Pistol, Close combat weapon.

10 IST - 2x Flamer. Veteran: Plasma Pistol, Close combat weapon.

Gk Dread - Assault cannon, Incinerator, CCW.

The first game I played was against eldar. He had A unit of 16 guardians, 20 guardians, 20 guardians, Wave serpent, 5 fire warriors, 3 vyper jet bikes, I Farseer. It was a duel/assination mission, whatever you call it, anyway the objective was to take out the character.

In this tourney, you get 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss, and +1 point for completing the objective.The tournament is over 4-5 weeks at the club, so I can't tell you who won today :p , however I can tell you I won that game against the eldar, and achieved the objective (Thanks to the 10 FAGK;18 storm bolts to the back and a good incineration dealt with that pesky farseer pretty well). In victory points terms, it was a crushing victory.

The next game I played however, I wasn't so lucky. It was a recon mission, so you had to get as many of your units into the others deployment zone as possible. He had space wolves. Damn they're fast. Essentially I lost the mission and didn't get the objective, but this guy was good, he won all three games he played that day, so that makes me feel a little better.

So with a big win and a big loss, I took a long, hard look at my list. The tournament head said we could make a few changes to our lists if something didn't work out, as long as we showed him, so this is what I changed-

Gk Grandmaster - Targeter.

Inquisitor - Terminator armour, power weapon, storm bolter, targeter.

10 FAGK - Incinerator, Deep strike, frag grenades, melta bombs.

10 IST - 2x grenade launcher. Veteran : Plasma pistol, CCW.

10 IST - 2x Plasma gun. Veteran : Plasma pistol, CCW.

Eversor Assasin

GK Dreadnought - Assault cannon, stormbolter, CCW.

Thoughts on the new list anyone? Better/worse/Same? Any suggestions for it?

Next post will be a brief battle report on the games I played, and comments on how my list went (This post is getting a bit long, soz)
    LO's Offical Uber GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Brief battle report vs. Eldar

Heres the highlights. The armies used are listed in my previous post.(I used the first list, not the changed one)

- Fire dragons gunned down by dread's assault cannon before he could even close combat them.

- Farseer got gunned down in a hail of storm bolter fire from deep striking GK's.

- Wave serpent was caught from the rear by the incinerator from the Gk's. BOOM!

- 20 guardians were softened up with hellguns, then assaulted from the flank by PAGK. Massacre followed.

- 16 guardians were gunned down to one model by IST and GM.

- 20 Guardians were reduced to 11 by a single inquisitor, the game ended before the rest could be killed.

- Vyper Squadron 2 were destroyed by Grand Master in close combat, and 1 was blown up by a plama pistol.

My casulties were 4 IST, 2 terminators and 3 PAGK. His army was obliterated down to 12 guardians.
    LO's Offical Uber GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Brief battle report vs. Space wolves

My army was as listed in the other post. I can't remember exactly what he had, so a very rough recount is- 3 units of 10 space wolves, Rune priest, librarian(maybe), 5 long fangs. I think that was about it. Anyway-

My IST's with grenade launchers managed to get I of his units of SW down to half, before the IST's were slaughtered.

My GM + termies were close combatted to death by a unit of SW with Rune priest + Librarian.

My IST's with flamers were similarly CC'ed to death by the same unit as my GM+termies.

My Dreadnought was blown apart by Lascannons as soon as he stepped into the open by the long fangs.

My inquisitor managed to live by hiding in a building until the game ended.

My FAGK had some succes in killing a few long fangs before the 3rd unit of SW shot them up from a building, which the FAGK subsequently assaulted into holding their own in CC before the game ended.

Ultimately he had a lot more units in my deployment zone than I did his, and he killed everyone except my Inquisitor and half a unit of FAGK, so I lost.
    LO's Offical Uber GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

All types of grenades, meltabombs, & targeters are illegal for models in Terminator armor.
    10 FAGK - Incinerator, Deep strike, frag grenades, melta bombs.
    Can't give grenades/bombs to a unit that doesn't have them as options.

The second list is the one I'd prefer, although I'd a) clear up those legality issues, b) put an incinerator on the dreadnought, and c) swap the inquisitor's stormbolter for a bolt pistol in order to get the +1A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c) swap the inquisitor's stormbolter for a bolt pistol in order to get the +1A
    No can do, as he's in termy armor.

10 FAGK - Incinerator, Deep strike, frag grenades, melta bombs
    I believe he means the justicar has frag grenades and melta bombs.

As for the battle....few things don't seem right about his army.
    1. Check if he had a librarian because space wolves aren't allowed that.
    2. Also, you said the space wolves were fast...they're no faster than standard troops. Was he using 13th Company?
    3. Maybe the librarium was some other sort of Space Wolf HQ? Because in 1000 points I'm pretty sure he's required to have two hg units.

Also, how did your Grandmaster + retinue do in combat? You said they were taken out by some grey slayers (i'm assuming grey slayers) and the attached HQ's, did they at least inflict a fair amount of casualties (did the grandmaster's force weapon even kill one of the wolf HQ's?)

Anyways good luck with the revised list (woot for the eversor!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

No can do, as he's in termy armor.
    Hah, I caught the grenades but missed that one. Good call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast