Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Do Ravenwing DA have any thing that can kill a LR/LRC or anything close to it?
Last edited by Codered100; August 7th, 2005 at 01:57.
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination
By the By my sn for AIM is SuficatingDuck
Plenty of things. Ravenwing can take a variety of meltaweapons in several spots, and meltabombs in plenty of places. Your best bet however is Assault Cannons with Rending, indeed most Ravenwing lists these days pack their lists with Assault Cannons, cue the term 'Rendingwing'.
Oh how they do.As Addoran said Ravenwing have plenty of things to deal with armor.Your best bet wouldnt at all be assault cannons.Yeah they can rend but thats a one in six chance .Your best bet would be an attack bike equiped with a multi melta.The attack bike can turbo boost a huge 24" then it will sit there with a 2+ invulnerable save,making it very hard to kill.The next turn it can move 12" towards the vechile probably exposing its side or rear armor,and it will probably be in the range for the melta rule so you roll 2d6+8 to penetrate!That should most definately take care of whatever you were targeting.Much better than the assault cannon.Because even if the assault cannon does rend then its only 2d6+6,still doesnt match the likes of the multi melta.
EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot that they follow the entry in the DA codex. Silly me.
Still the most efficient anti-tank in a RW army though.
Last edited by Corianis; August 7th, 2005 at 12:04.
Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom
The Ravenwing uses the Ravenwing stats still, meaning their attack bikes have a 2+ and 1 wound.
Second, reread the rending rules. A shot that actually rends against a vehicle has a min penetration value of 13. There is a 32% chance of scoring a glancing or penning hit in one turn of shooting and a 52% chance of doing it in two turns. You should be able to get two turns of shooting with the AC for the one with the MM. The MM has a 48% chance of doing something on the second turn. Given that all of those will be penning hits.
One a Land Raider side and rear armour don't matter.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Personally, I prefer to use my bike squads to deal with heavy armor as oposed to speeders. The rending CAN work, but is unreliable at best. A bike squad with 2 melta-guns has a much better chance of destroying a heavily armored tank. If you have an attack bike with multi-melta as well in the squad your near guaranteed success. Well as guaranteed as anything ever gets in this game.
Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.
Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:
1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant
2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers
3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC