Should I Start A Daemonhunters Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently in the finishings of a Necron army and something popped into my mind just recently, what will i do next? I was thinking really hard and then it hit me, Daemonhunters! I've always hated Choas and Daemons, just because they look completely evil (all except for Tzeentch which models do look pretty cool.). So, I need some advice, should I start a Daemonhunters army? And if so, what should I buy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, start a Daemonhunters army (come on, what other advice did you think you were getting in a DH army section ,) ?) .

The Daemonhunters are fierce in CC, good at shooting, and extremely good at whittling away Greater Daemons as if they were grass under a lawnmower.

Hmm, you should just get some Grey Knight boxed sets, a Grey Knight Grand Master, a box of Grey Knight Terminators, and some Stormtroopers (Kasrkin models are the best for those as the look damn good) .

And then you are in the starting pit =D . Actually, then you might even be close to a 1000 pt army, even... =) .

Read this forum, as Im sure there are loads of great tips which can give you clues to what you should get and so forth.

Good luck on whichever army you decide on =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that Slai! I'm collecting Daemonhunters next! I mean come on, the models look badass, their stats (from what I hear) are just cool, and they are pretty much indestructable! Now all I need to do is wait a few months for my paycheck!! :lol: I've also seen the prices and that scared me like staring into the face of a Hive Tyrant!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is important to remember is that the models have that gothic heavy look to them and that they are cool ,) . The Daemonhunters combine my favourite models for Warhamemr40k: the Grey Knights, Grey Knight Terminators, and the Kasrkin models.

But the DH arent that expensive. Sure, they are expensive per model, but then the models are pts expensive too, so you wont need as many as, f.eks. IG.

Lets say 20 IG are 25$ for 20 models = 200 pts
    GK are 25$ for 5 models (including justicar) 250 pts (without justicar 225 pts)

So there you go =) . Cheap nice units =P .

Have fun =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point! All need is one box of Grey knights and an HQ right? Whatever that may be.....So How much do you think that would cost. Just out of curiosity at the moment..... :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh.. 5 GK are about 250NoK, and 1 US$ is about 7 NoK. that boxed set of Cadian Shock Troopers are the same as one GK boxed set. They have the same price, mostly, these boxed sets.

An HQ can be just the Grey Knight Grand Master (one normal blister) or that one and some Terminators for retinue. One box is about 400NoK.

So Id say about 900NoK for 1 Troops choice and 1 decent HQ =) .

I do cheap stuff myself tho... I use the normal space marine models for Grey Knight SM models, and use GKs for Termies *cough*wysiwygmyass*cough* .

But it works until I can afford the real models =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So about 25$ for a box of Grey Knights? So I could a full army for only about $65?
    Damn! Daemonhunters here I come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, your givin this guy wrong numbers here bud.
    A GM with a 5 man retinue is about 500 points but you don't need that many terms by anymeans, a GM alone without any upgrades will cost yea 145 points is all, but you can add some really nice wargear so it will most likely end up around 200ish.
    As for money, a box of Terms costs 70 Cdn, so thats.. about 50 USD I believe.

One squad of 5 GK outta the box (with incin) is 160 points, not 225, not even close, I don't know where you got 225 without Jusicar LOL but you might wanna fix that for next time yea play.

A full army costs quite a bit, this is a very expensive army.
    and GKs stats aren't as badass as you might think, they are normal space marines, but the termies kick ass and its a kick ass army to play if you like a challenge.

For a basic army, I'd say get a single GM and a three man retinue, two boxes of GKs and Stormies(Kashkins(sp?) , two boxes if you could swing it or you could buy Cadians and use em for Stormies to save a bit of cash. That would set you up nicely but it'll run.. 100-200 bucks? depending.
    I'll have to check.

I love GKs and if your gonna start one, more power to yea But get a Codex first and foremost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!!

Sorry people of all ages and shapes. My post was WAY off base. I must have been really tired or something =) .

Apologies for that ridicolous statement. I dont seem to be able to edit the post, but I am bowing my head in shame, and I wont post something as dumb again (perhaps O_o) .

Thanks for pointing that out, Elandili.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be in the process of finding a Codex on Ebay As soon as my Necron army is finished.... As for the whole GK thing, I just wanted to start the army because the figure are some of the coolest looking figs in the game!! I just wanted a very small army, not too much...........

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast