Blood Angels bases/ starting anual tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels bases/ starting anual tournament

there is an anual tournament every saturday at the cave of wonders. i need 1500pts but i only have 1000 physical models. Since its not a GW tournament for the first 5 months your allowed to proxy. If you brand new and have a legitamate exuse you can proxy.

So i can proxy..... Im facing tau, imperial guard, Tyranid, ultramarines, Chaos, Necrons maybe, and eldar. (for the most part) What type of units should i take? I'm thinkin of taking a lybrary with the time veil and attaching him to my dc. but i need to know if he can have jumppacks. (i dont have the SM codex yet )

Im also considering taking a furiso dread. in general what should i take... ill post the final army list and update how it does.

BA bases.... im wanting to make it look like there fighting in a city... maype i should paint the basses too.....

[W-L-D]
    Blood Angels 2nd company 5-2-3

"The voices in my head arnt real..." "But they have some good ideas!"
    (click it)
    go to Ex Libris Mortis for blood angels tactica.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what do you have right now that would help alot. but here is genral advice dont put the libby with the dc leave that to the chappie. i woulkd put the lib witha assalut squad with a vet sarge with power fist i dont know what to powers to give the lib as i dont use one. get some lanspeeders as ive herd there good but i dont use them as well. and get some more scouts probably as the quite deadly if you can charge with a large squad.

hope that helps
    TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah go Blood Angel scouts all the way.Seriously scouts,especially Blood Angel scouts are pretty damn good,one of the best troop choices in the game.They have saved me the game on numerous occasions and play a very valuable role on the battlefeild,very.They will probably work best when you play Tau and Tyranids.Btw what the hell is proxy?Sorry for my lack of knowledge but i dont know what it is.Im guessing by what youve said that like you have a base representing the model but the model isnt actually glued on the base itself.And yeah if you can tell us what you have that would be a great help and then we could help you abit more.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok yes proxy is when you phsicly dont have the modle. I was considering taking my librarian WITH my chappie in the dc.

what i have _

Dreadnaught with dccw /tllc

Landspeeder tornado with multimelta and heavy flammer (im lovin this!)

Preadator anialator with lascannon sponsons and twinlinked lascannon

Chaplain with Croziaus Arcanum and bolt pistol and artificer armour and the mantle and termy honours and and and.....

Tacticle squad one with 7men and a veteran sargent (8 all to gether) this squad's vet has a power ax and bolt pistol, and this squad has a lascannon and an auspex

Tacticle squad two has 7 men and a veteran sargent (8 all to gether) this squad's vet has a combi flamer and chainsword, also this squad has a missle launcher and a flamer. and an auspex

that is currently my 1025 pt army list....

I wanted to take the dc witht the libraryin and chappy cause the librarian can have veil of time... :mellow:
    [W-L-D]

(click it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm looking at that this is what i recommend
    get blood angels scout and have a large squad and if you charge it should mean death to what ever it is (as long as iys not a carni or a wraithlord or something that that)
    i havent used landspeeders and most people say that that combi is useless but if it works keep it in there.
    the pred looks good just cos thats how i configure mine (good anti tank unit)
    i would make the tact squad sarge naked. i guess his going to the dc if you roll it? if you are vet sarges get free power weapons or fists.
    i dont really use long range dreads so i have no advice on that. just maybe give it a missile launcher if you want to. up to you really.
    and give the tact squads some long range fire powerome sort or a plasma or melta ans stick them in a rhino(always funny if you get one of theses units up behind a tank or something)
    i would praobably not put the lin in the dc as if it gets hit by something like a pie plate then you dont want both hq gone in one hit.

i hope that help and tell us if your going to have any problems against a certian army :p
    TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also strongly suggest getting a 5 or 6 man Assault sqaud and, if you can afford it, make it a BA veteran assault squad. I have one with a seargent w/power weapon and plasma pistol then two of the normal marines have plasma pistols and cc weapon as well then 2 with bolt pistols and cc weapon. These guys are invaluable in my army and have saved my butt more than a few times. The plasma pistols make taking out enemy infantry a sinch and even giving a few of the models terminator honours help too if you can spare the points. They are incredible in close combat and can shread through infantry and I've even taken on a Choas obliterator with them. I would strongly suggest taking them.

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't put a librarian in the DC. Only chaplains and Sanguinary High Priests can lead the death company.

Veteran assault squads generally aren't worth the points, you'd be better served taking a 10-man assault squad with meltabombs, 2x plasma pistols and a vet sergeant with a power fist.

If you take a furioso, put it in a drop pod, otherwise it'll never survive the long walk©.

I try to avoid taking a lot of scouts, if I wanted to play an army with a 4+ save, I'd play IG or another army with a 4+ save. The only scouts you ever find poking their noses into my lists are ones with sniper rifles.

Land speeders are a very good tool in any list, but they are a finesse unit. Expect them to die, and die horribly; but take advantage of the fast vehicle status and the skimmer glancing hit rule to try and keep them alive until they've won back at least their points cost.

I'd also highly recommend picking up the space marine and blood angels codex, if you plan on playing them. It would be a good idea©, in fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the blood angels codex but i didnt know i needed space marines back then (silly me :lol: ) well i meant to attach* the librarian to the squad as an independant character. And i wanted to take another dread as a furiso i dont know how drop pods work all i know is that they are a pentagonal vehicle for transport.

I could take bare vets but i kinda liked them for cc but i dont have anything to proxy a rhino or two.. Plus the armies im face are for the most part shooty. The tau guy ALWAYS take 3 broadsides with railguns. and his hammer heads have submunitions or ion cannons. He gets anoying. Then there is a wraithlord Eldar dude, a newish nid player and a Terminator happy ultra marine player and some new guys.... Ohh and a chaos dude with the noise marines and a deamon prince.
    [W-L-D]

(click it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood angel marine i didnt recognise you... lol you changed your sig and your pic so i didnt realise it was you.. ill think about that one.
    [W-L-D]

(click it)

+ Reply to Thread