Raven Wing wut to do when.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven Wing wut to do when....

Hey its me agiain.

There are a lot of ppl who play tyranids at the place I go to andfor my futureRaven wing army, I want to be prepared for killing those tyranids. I dont know wut to aim at with the things I am going to get.

Im going to be getting about 9 speeders
    2 squads with Hbolter and assault cannons
    1 squad with MM and twin linked typhoon missles

2 squads of bikes melta gun in each/attack bikes with multimeltas in each squad

Master of Raven wing in Landspeeder

Chaplain on a bike

One of the tyranid players has these

x1 big Tyrant[I dont know wut he has equiped on any of them]

x2 carnifexes one with CC weapons another with big long guns

2 sqauds of gaunts both types

2 squads of warroirs[one with CC another with guns]

thats it so can anyone help me out. Or tell me tips [things like if I should charge in there or stay behind cover and stuff like that]

thnx

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

By the By my sn for AIM is SuficatingDuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take as many assault cannons and heavy bolters as you can. You will be able to run circles around the carnifexes so if you want take a melta or two but the assault cannons should get the job done. Just sit back and shoot until they get close or try to flank them and circle them. You have a lot of speed as ravenwing and you should use it. I would suggest putting a librarian on a bike with a force sword and adamanite mantle. The mantle will stop you from getting insta killed from the fexes. You get a couple of lucky 6s to wound you get insta kill the MCs with the force sword. Could work nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your land speeders will be at their best when you verse the nids.And you plan to take 9 of them!Ouch thats al i can say.I wouldnt bother taking a land speeder squad with a multi melta.Just go for all tornados armed with HB and ACs.I guess some land speeder typhoons would be pretty good wouldnt they?Dont they get like a str5 ap5 blast, or something like that?And i would definately take the master of the ravenwing on a speeder,as those re rolls will come in handy.
    Ok your only real big threat is those big bugs.Those guns you said they might be either a venom cannon or maybe a barb strangler or something alike.They are capable of taking out your speeders which you dont want to happen.So your going to have to take out those big bugs.There is two possible ways of which i can think of of how you could do this.
    1)Attack them with your bikes.Move up into charge range,fire your meltaguns and bolters,then assault with your powerfist and chappie,with re rolls.You should most definately get the charge as you are far more fast than the big bugs.You will probably take off 1 or 2,maybe even 3 wounds if your really lucky by shooting and then hopefully finish him off with your fist and power weapon attacks.
    2)Pop out with your speeders and unleash a hail of shots and bring him down.Pop out with a land speeder squadron and give him everything youve got.You will even rend some shots with the AC which will be good.With that many shots into him he should fail some saves and go down.If not then you could always fire with a second squadron or charge him with you bikes.
    Once you have taken out their only hope of bringing down your speeders and bikes you will have a fairly easy time.With the speed you have got,followed by the firepower that you pack you will be able to annihilate the rest of his force easily.Hope that helped.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only foreseeable problems are:

1.) the big nids

2.) getting your landspeeders prematurlly sniped.

maybe meltas on the bikes for the big nids?
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Ravenwing works best against Tyranids of all armies.

Land Speeder Tornadoes mow through everything in the tyranid list. A squadron will put out 21 ap4 shots per turn(12 rending). It is more then enough to turn a brood of gaunts, stealers....or anything really, to dust. The only thing the speeders need fear from a tyranid list are the few shooty weapons such as the venom cannon as they can only be hit in close combat on a 6 and in most cases will require a rend roll on the ap to be hurt. As to the venom cannon, they are always few and far between in tyranid lists and you should have no problem keeping out of LOS with your mobile speeders.

MC's are best dealt with by bike squads though. For this reason, I would be sure to have 2 melta guns and a heavy bolter in each squad as well as a powerfist. This will afford you enough firepower and high strength close combat attacks to demolish any MC.

It is also possible to deal with MC's using tornadoes, but when fighting Nids you generally want the speeders taking out the large squads of smaller nids.

Bikes are also quite good at dealing with the smaller nids. A full squad plus an attack bike and a special character will have 14 tl bolter shots and 3 HB shots witch you can follow up with an assault of 6 power weapon attacks, 4 powerfist attacks and 11 normal attacks, all of witch re-roll misess in the same round. In assaults, because of the +1 toughness, gaunts have a horrible time trying to wound the bikes.

You really have nothing to worry about when facing nids with a Ravenwing army. My list is much like yours and I have yet to loose a quarter of my force in battle with them.

Against the tyranid list you posted, because there is 3mcs (making that the main strength in the list) I would send 1 squad of LST's after each of the fexes and the tyrant. With the masters re-roll ability, you should be able to take them all down in 1 turn, 2 at the most. Send the bike squad with the chaplain after the warriors, the power weapon and powerfist will make short work of them (so will the 2 melta gun shots and HB shots right before you charge). The gaunts I would send the other bike squad after. Between shooting and assault you should be able to annihilate a squad down to a couple guants in a single round and finish them off in your oponents turn. You shouldnt end up loosing to many bikes due to the higher toughness. Hopefully, he will try and swarm this bike squad with the other squad of guants as well. In this case, leave them in combat untill the bikes are destroyed. This will give your LST's and other bike squad the time they need to deal ith their targets. Once your bike squad is destroyed (or the guants are, sometimes they do very pourlly against bikes, 6's to wound and all) your LST's will make short work of any remaining gaunts.

Oh last but not least, go with 3 squads of tornadoes. The Typhoon missile launcher looks good on paper, but it tends not to perform all that great. Well, not as good as assault cannons anyways.

Cheers Mate!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelX
    Take as many assault cannons and heavy bolters as you can. You will be able to run circles around the carnifexes so if you want take a melta or two but the assault cannons should get the job done. Just sit back and shoot until they get close or try to flank them and circle them. You have a lot of speed as ravenwing and you should use it. I would suggest putting a librarian on a bike with a force sword and adamanite mantle. The mantle will stop you from getting insta killed from the fexes. You get a couple of lucky 6s to wound you get insta kill the MCs with the force sword. Could work nicely.

I agree get the lib with the line spell to shoot acrost the width of this big piles. My friend plays white scars with 2 and runs them to the sides of the boards and sends lines criscrossing the board hitting almost every unit.
    Last edited by killjoy1; August 9th, 2005 at 20:11.

+ Reply to Thread