Marines - Infantry Out The Wazoo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just some thoughts

As I sit here pondering my SW pile of Scouts, Blood Claws and Rhinos I can't help but think I'm building a infantry based army... Which is funny becuase my other army is BAs - another reach out and share the love bunch of infighters....

Anyone out there with an angle on this? Are you a Rhino rush + Scout Marine player? Are there angles for mixing it up that you find helpful? If you're not a SW player do you think your army has a better Rhino rush?

And if I start another army... What would you suggest as a good contrast? If I don't get some serious medication and guidance I'm liable to start a Sisters army...

DrBob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad idea u never wanna base your space wolves on there fire power . trust me ive tried it i bought 6 dreadnoughts and equiped them with twin linked las s plasma cannons and missle launchers and how did it turn out me with $300 worth of usless army pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely take a tank, or a dreadnought, since I find they get blown up in the first turn, and it means I'm down 135 points from a single lascannon shot.

Means I take alot of infantry, and it works well, since you can still field heavy weaponry (probably more) and move around at 12" with Bikes and Assault Marines.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rhino rushed my salamanders a couple times and owned, but then again i have rhino rushed with the same army and got crushed. i think a rhino rush can be pulled off with just about any sm army, just ogtta make good use of cover and use common sense!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but a venerable dreadnaught is very hard to kill so if you are gonna use a dreadnought pay the extra 50 pts and make it a venerable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my combat HTH, and I agree with some of the others in here-- Tread means Dead. I was drawn to the Scars for a few reasons. One of them was the creative Heavy Support option of having Attack Bike Squads not as FA but as HS. Other than that, a Scars commander still has Preds and WW&#39;s as HS options. I&#39;ve always been a believer in Whirlwinds, since they&#39;ve almost always survived the battle; having been keeping key units pinned if not charred in a crater.

While the tanks of others burn, Attack Bikes roll on, screened by the Scouts/Assault/Bikes that they&#39;re supporting.

Legio Antares

You are Neo, from "The Matrix." You
    display a perfect fusion of heroism and
    compassion.

<font size="-1">What Matrix Persona Are You?</font>
    <font size="-3">brought to you by Quizilla</font>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, Dangit. Sorry about the jangle of code. How the hell did I do that?

Legio Antares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input everyone.

Good call on the WWs - indirect fire keeps &#39;em alive if nothing else.

I&#39;m just not sold on Attack bikes though... I like &#39;em - don&#39;t get me wrong. It&#39;s more that Land Speeders represent as vehicles, seem more mobile are about the same points and have the mobility...

(Having said that I&#39;m looking at an unopened attack bike box next to my monitor as we speak *grin*.)

BTW - VenDreds - TL Autocannon or TL Lascannon?

DrBob.

Closed Thread