cheaper version of exorcist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x2)

    cheaper version of exorcist

    i dont know where this should go? converions or what, so i put it here.

    can you use a whirlwind with the 5 missiles on each launcher as an exorcist? i thought of this because since the exorcist is no longer avaliable in ausdtralia online store


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Montford981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    51
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

    I'd permit an opponent to substitute a whirlwind as an exorcist.

    I made my own. I used a Razorback (rhino) hull and the missile launchers from a Landspeeder Typhoon.

    -981
    "The sword that takes life gives life."

    -Japanese proverb.

  4. #3
    The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

    That is a lame excuse for an Exorcist, I wouldn't let you use it because its a SM Tank, I wouldn't even care if you glued on SoB stuff, its still LAME.

    At the very least you should use the Immy as a base and stick the launchers on there, then if your up to it convert a kool looking launcher, but just usinga Whirlwind and saying its an Exorcist in an insult to the Sisters of Battle.

    I know this is harsh, but what your saying borders on heresey.

    Mike

  5. #4
    Son of LO H0urg1ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

    I would also say yes, especially if you take a look at the Forgeworld Excorcist. It looks almost exactly like a Whirlwind with the exception that they Launch Tubes are round instead of square.

    If anyone gives you crap about it, just let me know and I'll bust their kneecaps for ya, eh?

    EDIT: Geeeez, then Mike has to go and post mere seconds before I do and now I have to keep my promise.

    Heresy you say? That's a bit harsh don't you think? Both vehicles have the same chassis and to be quite honest, the real Excorcist model looks like something that Slaanesh would be using to blow you away with loud crappy music.
    Last edited by H0urg1ass; August 13th, 2005 at 13:51.

  6. #5
    Sister of Battle Lynata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

    It depends on your opponent. In official tournaments this will not be accepted, but when you play with your friends there should be no problem "proxying" the Exorcist with a Whirlwind.

    However, keep in mind that you should at least make that vehicle look "sisterique" - meaning: try bitz-ordering some Sororitas ornaments to put on the tank.

    I will not use the original Exorcist, too, but not because it's not avaiable but simply because it looks to strange to me. I'll go for a converted whirlwind with Exorcist and Immolator parts instead. It should even be possible to get the thing to have 6 missiles, at least I have already seen such a version. I'll have to see when I get to that point, I have other stuff for my Sisters to do first.

    @Mike: the Immolator is just a Rhino with Sisters deco on it. It's not really a completely new vehicle. As it is the same with the Exorcist. And the Marine Predator. Every tank uses the same chassis. That's why when you order a box you get a Rhino with some additional stuff to glue on. You can check that in the GW bitz-ordering section, too.
    Last edited by Lynata; August 13th, 2005 at 13:52.
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

  7. #6
    Senior Member Gimmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    537
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynata
    It depends on your opponent. In official tournaments this will not be accepted, but when you play with your friends there should be no problem "proxying" the Exorcist with a Whirlwind.

    However, keep in mind that you should at least make that vehicle look "sisterique" - meaning: try bitz-ordering some Sororitas ornaments to put on the tank.

    I will not use the original Exorcist, too, but not because it's not avaiable but simply because it looks to strange to me. I'll go for a converted whirlwind with Exorcist and Immolator parts instead. It should even be possible to get the thing to have 6 missiles, at least I have already seen such a version. I'll have to see when I get to that point, I have other stuff for my Sisters to do first.

    @Mike: the Immolator is just a Rhino with Sisters deco on it. It's not really a completely new vehicle. As it is the same with the Exorcist. And the Marine Predator. Every tank uses the same chassis. That's why when you order a box you get a Rhino with some additional stuff to glue on. You can check that in the GW bitz-ordering section, too.
    Strange? Thats what makes witch hunters great, the wierd torture crap:
    Arco's
    PE's
    To top it off whats better than playin a dreadful gothic tune, that double at shootin missles?
    And how can I forget about sister repentia?
    I'd say using a converted whirlwind launcher thing is the Ultimate insult to a Witch Hunter army!

  8. #7
    Sister of Battle Lynata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

    Well okay, it is basically a matter of individual taste.
    I, for myself, don't like neither Penitent Engines nor Arco Flagellants. Partly because I use a Sisters-only-army and those units are not Sororitas, but also because I think they are not as stylish as the SoB units. I do like Repentias, but that's something completely different in my opinion.

    'Weird torture crap' is something for the fluff, not something one must employ on the battlefield. I consider PE's and Arcos to be a freakshow that ruins the "faithful zealot" style of the Witch Hunters. But like I already mentioned: individual taste.
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

  9. #8
    Senior Member Gimmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    537
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynata
    Well okay, it is basically a matter of individual taste.
    I, for myself, don't like neither Penitent Engines nor Arco Flagellants. Partly because I use a Sisters-only-army and those units are not Sororitas, but also because I think they are not as stylish as the SoB units. I do like Repentias, but that's something completely different in my opinion.

    'Weird torture crap' is something for the fluff, not something one must employ on the battlefield. I consider PE's and Arcos to be a freakshow that ruins the "faithful zealot" style of the Witch Hunters. But like I already mentioned: individual taste.
    Ah I see, you like the sister's rightousness and faith that has the power to crush any foe....I myself like the torture part...does that make me creepy?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    To top it off whats better than playin a dreadful gothic tune, that double at shootin missles?
    I've always thought that the launcher on the exorcist was seperate than the organ. If you look inside around the base of the missle loader, there are other missles placed around him looking ready to fire.
    happiness is a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind

  11. #10
    Senior Member Montford981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    51
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    That is a lame excuse for an Exorcist, I wouldn't let you use it because its a SM Tank, I wouldn't even care if you glued on SoB stuff, its still LAME.
    Mike
    Its a Rhino bud. I guess your Sisters never use one?

    -981
    "The sword that takes life gives life."

    -Japanese proverb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts