Vindicator - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vindicator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicator

What are the good stuff about this tank? And wats the best tactica of using it?

"Iron within, iron without."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

blowing stuff up.

and blowing stuff up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... not exactly wat i was looking for.... cuz that could be said for any tank.
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

ok... the vidicator is a very nasty tank.

It's weapon uses the large blast template and virtually nothing can survive a hit from it. The Vindicator is quite capable of wiping out entire squads in one go. It also has pretty good armour.

However, it is only short range and needs line of sight. It doesn't fare too well in open terrain because it becomes a fire magnet. It really needs to be employed in dense, built up areas, or on boards with a lot of cover.

Just having a Vindicator in your force makes the enemy double think every move he makes as he eyes it nervously.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The Vindicator works exactly like an Eldar Fire Prism; it will scare the **** out of anyone you're playing against and they will spend so much time avoiding its pie plate of steel doom that they ignore the rest of your army. It doesn't actually do anything much. Most of its effect is psychological.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Anyone who is scared of a prism tank deserves all they get.
    Take a look in aricles I am sure you find some tactica on them, alternatley the GW site has some stuff on using SM armour and I know that inculdes vindis.

Personaly I dont like em, but that is just me, noting logical, vauge concerns about the points that wolfkin raised. Personnaly, although I have only rarely faced them, I have never really had any problems taking them out. But they do have a a lot of potential

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the vidicator is good for all things orkey as they come all bunched up into the jaws of a s10 monster!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle
    The Vindicator works exactly like an Eldar Fire Prism; it will scare the **** out of anyone you're playing against and they will spend so much time avoiding its pie plate of steel doom that they ignore the rest of your army. It doesn't actually do anything much. Most of its effect is psychological.
    This is a good description of a Vindicator.

A Fire Prism though...is probably the single worst tank in the entire game. Its ability to terrorize an opponent is roughly equal to that of a small, dehydrated snail. You should fear what a Vindicator might do to your army. You should treat a Fire Prism like the overpriced, under-accurate las-cannon/plasma cannon that it is--spread out your marines a bit, try to keep it from getting too many side armour shots on your predator, and laugh at your opponent for spending that many points on a BS:3 gun. If it makes its points back against you, it's either gotten extremely lucky, or you really suck.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Well, that's roughly the point. The Fire Prism doesn't do anything, really. Neither does the Vindicator, and your opponent probably deserves it if he lets anything get within 24'' of that big, big cannon.

The only problem with the Vindy is its range. Otherwise, it is the hardest hitting weapon the SM have.

Hehe...on the subject of Fire Prisms, I once played two games where it blew up my Predator on the first turn. Two games in a row. Don't ever underestimate them, because it leads to some quite humourous results when you think "Stupid fire prism isn't going to do anything." and then it blows up your primary tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle
    Well, that's roughly the point. The Fire Prism doesn't do anything, really. Neither does the Vindicator, and your opponent probably deserves it if he lets anything get within 24'' of that big, big cannon.

The only problem with the Vindy is its range. Otherwise, it is the hardest hitting weapon the SM have.

Hehe...on the subject of Fire Prisms, I once played two games where it blew up my Predator on the first turn. Two games in a row. Don't ever underestimate them, because it leads to some quite humourous results when you think "Stupid fire prism isn't going to do anything." and then it blows up your primary tank.
    I love my little Vindicator and its relativly short range is not a problem at all, it can move 6" and fire and with the boards we play on being 48" with a 12" deployment inwards or 18" appart in a Cleanse its range is not an issue provided it is used correctly.

Plus you can use it a a baseline protector keep it in LoS of your army but not so much of theres and use it to interdict any advance, especialy good against ork and marine assault armies.

Power of the Machine spirit will keep it firing through almost every glancing hit, to see your opponents relief at stunning it before revealing PotMS is hilarous. Plus it can Instant death that T5 Daemon Prince coming towards you the only marine unit that can.

On the Fire Prism thats just lucky, anti tank it is a IG lascannon with longer range and against other stuff a 115pt+ plasma cannon on floats.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast