40K in 40 min SpaceWolves list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

40K in 40 min SpaceWolves list?

Anyone got any good tips for a decent SW list to use for 40K in 40 min games?

I've used rather expensive CC-heavy units and gotten severly thrashed by my opponents...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    It is nice to see new members around here.
    About your quastion, we can't really give you a good answear without more specific information.
    1. What models do you have?
    2. What armies do you usually play against.
    If you answear these quastions, we could help you more easily, as it would be worthless if we tell you to take shooty vs. Iron Warriors or assaulty vs. Orks.
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Thank you! I think I'm going to like this forum!

I have about 25 miniatures, about 12 with ccw, the rest with bolters. Two Razorbacks, three attackbikes wich I also use as bikers. I also have lot of characters and a bunch of scouts.

I play against three people and they play Tau, Deamonslayers and Khorneheavy Chaosmarines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it is hard to do a list against thses armies, as two of them are very strong in assault and the third as a shooting powerhouse. I would purpose to make a balanced list, to take on all enemies.
    This list is a bit general, but it should be able to take care of the ultra assualty armies.
    HQ:
    Wolf Priest- 108
    Bolt Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Wolf Amulet
    Wolf Pelt
    Wolf Tooth Necklace

This guy is almost mandatory if playing agains armies that can actually assault better than you, as he can smash apart power armored enemies with before they can strike back. The Wolf pelt is there to give him maximum attacks when he will be charged, and the Wolf Tooth necklace will help agains Grey Knights.

2X Grey Hunter Pack- 146 (each)
    5 Hunters with Bolter & CCW
    2 Hunters with Bolter & Power Weapon

These will be the main part of the army. They should either move forword to engage the enemy (Tau) or sit back and shoot at him (Khorne & DH). When playing against Tau in small combat patrols you won't find much anti power armor weaponary (At least usually, if he is please right excatly what he is using) and thus he won't be able to down too many of your men before you hit him.
    Against the others, however, you must use whatever means you have to shoot down as many of them as possible. At 20+ points per model, ever one or two casualties will hurt, and when he does get to assault you will counter charge him and strike him hard with power weapons, something that niether of them can have in a regular squad (except sargents, of course).

This list is based upon the idea that you'll have to use a single list against all of them. If you want a list for each one, say and I'll work one for you.

Also, It would help if you write what excatly are they using in thier list, becuase if they are using some sort of pumped up hero this list might need some tuning.
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Dah, ok no, SW dont cope well at 40K in 40mins principly because of the higher points cost of their minis and each casuatly is more expensive and lessens the impact of their special abilities.

IF I turned my SWs to 400 points I would be looking at a unit of BCs, with a WG squad leader, and probably either a unit of GH or long fangs. I believe that GW wved the SW requirements for HQs in 40K in 40 mins, but if not go for the cheapest, take a WGBL and replace the WG pack leader with the BCs with him

Chered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur. Blood Claws are a truly deadly unit, and will likely devastate any other unit in 40k in 40 min that trys to stand against them. Remember that you can take up to 15 Blood claws, as well as a WGBL/WGPL with them to flesh them out as a unit. For back up, I would seriously consider a squad of Long Fangs as Cheredanine suggested. They would provide the backup that your BC's need as they move across the field of battle toward your opponents. The idea is to be quick. Get to close combat, slay a unit and move on. With luck you should be able to get a massacre move each turn, which could give you up to 6 inches toward the next opponent. Key here is not to try to outshoot your opponents (except for Khorne), as they will totally own you (especially the Tau). Play to your strengths and get into CC very quickly. Not sure what the rules are for 40k in 40 min. If you have to take a WGBL, give him a master-crafted Frost blade as his CC weapon....if you can get away with a PL, give him a master-crafted powerfist. This will help in annhilating units quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

So to summarise: Blood Claws are the key to success with Space Wolves.
    Ikterus

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

yep:
    I should use in you're case:

15 Blood Claws
    3 Power Fist (for dealing heavy Marines, makes you able to receive the charge or run down the vehicle some noob are putting on the field.)

3 Long Fangs
    2x Heavy Bolter

1x Wolf Guard Leader with the Blood Claws (hey, we are fielding Powerfist weren't we?)
    Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Runic Charm

total = 499 This list provides you with 16 powerfist on charge.... or on other occasions: 9.
    And don't forget to count up 4 attacks for every Blood claw without power fist. So when you're unit arrives inscratched it will provide you with: 48 attacks and 16 Powerfist.....Splat. Next unit...

Alternatively you could use another long fang instead of the Wolf Guard Leader. But I just put the Long Fangs in for the CC horde you would be facing. SO another unit of bloodclaws.....
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

O guys, for what I field:
    398 Points

13 Blood Claws, Frag Grenades, 3 Powerfist
    12 Blood Claws, Frag Grenades, 2 PowerFist

How do you mean 20 Powerfist attacks in 2 units....
    *note: I even run this army straight at Tau, just because I don't think Space Wolves should be in cover. But they next to eachother not after eachother, to make sure they both can charge on the same turn to get max effect, and opponents tend to splitfire , also loosing 10 man to gunfire doesn't mind me so much. I still have 10 guys and 5 PF guys....sweet!
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfbanes
    O guys, for what I field:
    398 Points

13 Blood Claws, Frag Grenades, 3 Powerfist
    12 Blood Claws, Frag Grenades, 2 PowerFist

How do you mean 20 Powerfist attacks in 2 units....
    *note: I even run this army straight at Tau, just because I don't think Space Wolves should be in cover. But they next to eachother not after eachother, to make sure they both can charge on the same turn to get max effect, and opponents tend to splitfire , also loosing 10 man to gunfire doesn't mind me so much. I still have 10 guys and 5 PF guys....sweet!
    I know the HQ requirement is waved, but what about the compulsory unit of Grey Hunters you have to have in every SW army?
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast