These Guardians are driving me nuts! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These Guardians are driving me nuts!

What can I do agaist the guardians? They have got a bolter equivelent, and a heavy weapon that they can move and shoot with. I just can't handle it on battle! what shuld I do against Guardians?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Comandos
    What can I do agaist the guardians? They have got a bolter equivelent, and a heavy weapon that they can move and shoot with. I just can't handle it on battle! what shuld I do against Guardians?
    Eldar Guardians?

Ha.

Weaklings, they are! Your Bolters outrange their Shuriken Catapults, their heavy weapon hits on a BS3 ... You can rip into them, as I believe your Bolters negate their armour saves. Just don't get close enough to them for their Catapults to hurt, and shoot them down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If guardians are your biggest worry... wow you need a new strat or something. I mean, come on... These guys have a 5+ save! And are T3... And have 12" gun...

So what if they have a starcannon? Just bolter them to death. If they're annoying you that much, throw a heavy bolter at them or something of the like. Guardians are not your primary concern. Those banshees in the waveserpent that's parked next to your termies...Those you should worry about.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    Those banshees in the waveserpent that's parked next to your termies...Those you should worry about.
    If they're still in the Serpent, they're the ones that need to worry depending on how far they away from the termies. If they aren't close enough to disembark and charge before the 'serpent moves, the termies will eat them alive.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

The first time I played against Eldar, he had over seven starcannons in 1500 pts. It hurt. A lot.

I played against him again when I had a much bigger Dark Angel force, and I used 10 Land Speeders and 10 bikes, with a Ravenwing Army.

It lasted 4 turns...

i would suggest lots of Land Speeders, and, if possible, Whirlwinds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Guardians huh... hmmm i know eldar have their fair amount of cheese.. but guardians?!

at least make it wraithlords or starcannons! hehe

just take plenty of marines and heavybolters. stay in cover (i know alot of SM players forget about cover...) and bring a whirlwind or two.

or just get into CC w/ them. an assault squad w/ chappy will be able to hope from squad to squad with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

A people have said guardians are the least of your worries in an Eldar army, however things that work well:

Out shoot them, you need 3s to hit and 3s to wound, they get no saves, you have more shots because you have a greater range, they need 4st to hit and 4s to wound and you get your save, you should be able to shoot them off the face of your planet of choice

Cherge them - seriously - they have to get within 12 inches for their shuricats to work, next turn, you charge them, a tac marine far outclasses a guardian in close combat

Use: heavy bolters, whirlwinds, any high rate of fire or template with a reasonable strength will do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charging in with a chaplain led bike squad works a treat wounding on 6's!
    as said as many small arms as possible bolters in mass HB's etc etc
    FLAME ON!

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

A Devastator Squad with 4 Heavy Bolters and 4 Bolters will rip through any Guardians you come across (If you choose to field a unit such as this). Heck, If they don't have many heavy weapons, throw your guys in a Rhino/Razorback/Land Raider (Crusaider). Shuriken Weapons can't touch armor, and if you present jucier targets, the heavy weapons will stray from the Rhinos and allow them to get close (closer with Smoke Launchers) if Assault is the way you want to go *and it's a good way to go against Guardians*
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

I would charge a squad into combat with them if your Vet Sgt has a power weapon then even the humble Tactical squad will munch through them with ease.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast