Space Wolves- Operate Behind Enemy Lines Rule. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few questions about the above rule.

Is it effective only in certain situations or against certain armys or is it useful in most circumstances?

What is the optimum equipment for the scouts to take advantage of this rule?

How should it be used to optimise its effect and does it need other units to help to make it sucessful?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when a opnent has a guess range tank hidden behind a peice of terrain go dirrectly behind it and place meltabombs on it and if your opnents are a assult base army take heavy weapons and if they are a shooty army take bolters and power or close combat weapons.

take lots of scout they are very use full

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Also is it worth giving them a wolf guard because wolf guard suck @$$ without termie armour. Also are there any specific tactics for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes unless you are facing a shooty army then you could use a set of wolf gaurd termanaters and put them in a land raider and equipt them with chian fist .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many dreadnoughts do you use

i use 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s when taking scout always take melta bombs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TEXE2003 Posted: Nov 4 2003, 14:36
    Also is it worth giving them a wolf guard

Sorry if this wasn't clear enough, but I meant is it worth giving the scouts a wolf guard leader, not if wolf guards are good in general.

Also, 3 Dreadnaughts! Dreads are cool but that's a bit OTT.

I use a venerable, and sometimes another normal one as well.

I'm also thinking of including a few daemonhunters in my army as allys (Grey knights rule!&#33. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always equip my scouts to hunt both armor and troops. If you know exactly who you're going to face, you can equip them specifically for that opponent. However I almost always play tourneys or several different opponents on the same day. I use 6 scouts and one WG (can't be in termie armor). 2x power weapon, 2x plasma pistol, 1x meltagun, 1x normal. The WG is usually BP and PFist for extra anti armor assault. They always have frag and melta grenades.

Kind of expensive for a scout unit, but the behind enemy lines REALLY kicks. The enemy invariably leaves behind armor or devastator type units, usually close to the edge of the board. After the reserve roll, I move on either into cover and shoot something, or right into an assault. They can really deal out some punishment. Experienced players will leave behind some sort of assault support if they know you have scouts. That's good too since it takes them out of the battle with the rest of your army. An assault by a group of wolf scouts with a WG will normally destroy even tough assault units. Even though the reserves rule keeps them out for a while, it really makes your enemy paranoid. And when you come on it's under your terms. Getting to pick the location along an entire side of the board makes up for any delay. I count my scouts as one powerful assault unit, and never consider them a weak or second class unit.

If I field a second scout unit, its usually as a sniper force to take advantage of the sniper rifle's special abilities. Good for shooting the high T badies. :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the scouts are a must for every army. the sheer amount of psychological damage it does to the opponent is good enough. sometimes, their whole strategy changes just cause of the fear of having them destroyed by the scouts.

i'd add the wolf guard in larger games. that'll help bulk up their small numbers. personally, power fists are my favorite ccw. you can equip the wolf guards to either tank hunt or person hunt.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i completely agree with you grey knights do rule becuase you can use imperal gaurd troops.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast