Librarium Online Forums banner

Commander - shoulder pads?

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Cheredanine 
#1 ·
Hello!

Does it matter what shoulder pads you put on your commander?

/Lucas

#2 ·
no not really, I assume you have the commander box?
the only pad that the terminally WYSIWYG may get fiesty about is the one with the Crux terminus (terminaor cross) which represents terminator honours, it has a large (maltese?) cross with a skull in the middle) and is conventionally the lef shoulder pad, but most people wont bother

#3 ·
Cheredanine said:
no not really, I assume you have the commander box?
the only pad that the terminally WYSIWYG may get fiesty about is the one with the Crux terminus (terminaor cross) which represents terminator honours, it has a large (maltese?) cross with a skull in the middle) and is conventionally the lef shoulder pad, but most people wont bother
Allright! Which pad do you suggest I put on the right arm if I'm playing with Dark Angels?

#4 ·
I would go with something as flamboyant as possible, cant recall the others off the top of my head, but I just put together a chaplain from the commander box, there is another pad with some extensive stuff on it, imperial eagle? that would seem to fit DA well

#7 · (Edited)
Cheredanine is right, Chapter iconography goes on the left pad. However, terminator honors can also be represented with the terminator honors dangly bits from the Terminator box (don't know what they're called, exactly, but they're the little cross-shaped pendants). Just stick one on your model's armor, if he in fact has terminator honors. The Commander box (and the Command Squad box, for that matter) also comes with a few unique pads that would be suitably ornate. Don't forget that you can order metal pads for all the well-known Chapters via the online store.

#10 ·
OK the pad with extra armour is and =][= pad, classically associated with death watch kill teams.

Chappy:

(Flesh tearers so jump pack)

1. take a jump pack marine legs and jump pack,
2. take the fron body off the commander and cut way the gorget (fro mthe eagle upwards)
3, take the front from a stadard marine, turn it upside down and cut the belt and area below the breastplate away - actually cut the rest away and keep that bit
4. take the belt bit from 3 and turn it upside down then replace the gorget off the commander body in 2 with it, fill with Green stuff and use same to fill up the ring around the head
5. use the back body fom a standard marine, you have now got like MK 8 errant armour with a big gorget
6 use the head from the standard vet sgt, it should be covered by the gorget to just below the eyes
7. add hair (long and lank - make it vampyric -BA sucessor after all)
8 right arm commander with bolt pistol
9 left arm - take commander sword arm, cut off the sword between the hilt and the fist, drill through the fist, insert rod (brass rod).
10, cut the eagle off the top off the commanders back banner, drill and mount on top of pole - presto - crozius
11. drill the previously cut off swor blade and mount it on the bottom of the pole (presto you now have a staff sized crozius with the conventional eagle at the top and a blade at the bottom)
12 - shoulder pads from commanders set - crux terminus and the other elaborate relief one (not the =][= one)
13, build up base with small bolder so the foot which should touch the floor mounts on this (drill and pin)

easy

#11 ·
Cheredanine said:
OK the pad with extra armour is and =][= pad, classically associated with death watch kill teams.

Chappy:

(Flesh tearers so jump pack)

1. take a jump pack marine legs and jump pack,
2. take the fron body off the commander and cut way the gorget (fro mthe eagle upwards)
3, take the front from a stadard marine, turn it upside down and cut the belt and area below the breastplate away - actually cut the rest away and keep that bit
4. take the belt bit from 3 and turn it upside down then replace the gorget off the commander body in 2 with it, fill with Green stuff and use same to fill up the ring around the head
5. use the back body fom a standard marine, you have now got like MK 8 errant armour with a big gorget
6 use the head from the standard vet sgt, it should be covered by the gorget to just below the eyes
7. add hair (long and lank - make it vampyric -BA sucessor after all)
8 right arm commander with bolt pistol
9 left arm - take commander sword arm, cut off the sword between the hilt and the fist, drill through the fist, insert rod (brass rod).
10, cut the eagle off the top off the commanders back banner, drill and mount on top of pole - presto - crozius
11. drill the previously cut off swor blade and mount it on the bottom of the pole (presto you now have a staff sized crozius with the conventional eagle at the top and a blade at the bottom)
12 - shoulder pads from commanders set - crux terminus and the other elaborate relief one (not the =][= one)
13, build up base with small bolder so the foot which should touch the floor mounts on this (drill and pin)

easy
I don't really know what a death watch kill team is, but you think I should take the one with =][= for the right arm?

Oh, that sounds complicated! :O

#12 ·
Death watch kill teams are hand picked marines who have been seconded to the inquisition (ordos xenos) and removed from chapter duties, they are trained and equiped even better than standard marines and are used as a scalpel by Ordos Xenos- after a tour with deathwatch marines may be returned to chapter

#13 ·
Cheredanine said:
Death watch kill teams are hand picked marines who have been seconded to the inquisition (ordos xenos) and removed from chapter duties, they are trained and equiped even better than standard marines and are used as a scalpel by Ordos Xenos- after a tour with deathwatch marines may be returned to chapter
Okay, and that means I should take the one with =][=? Sorry if I'm thick, but I'm from sweden, and there's many strange english words in those centences. :huh:

#14 ·
no mate, I would stay away from it (conventionally it is the left one anyway)

from memory there are 3 pads with relief (pictures embossed)

one is the =][= one - dont use
one is the cross with skull - use for left arm
one is something like an imperial eagle - use for right arm

Chered

#15 ·
Cheredanine said:
no mate, I would stay away from it (conventionally it is the left one anyway)

from memory there are 3 pads with relief (pictures embossed)

one is the =][= one - dont use
one is the cross with skull - use for left arm
one is something like an imperial eagle - use for right arm

Chered
Okay, thanks! :) There is an eagle with a little skull as a head. Nice, then I don't need transfers!

#16 · (Edited)
I don't see any problems using the Death Watch shoulder badge on your commander, especially if he is armed with a bolter or combi-bolter (the traditional weapons of a DW marine). Some opponents may squeal a bit if you don't take the Death Watch upgrade (WD 306 I think) but most wouldn't worry about it. That would be a particularly good choice if your commander has a command squad with True Grit or if you have an allied Alien Hunters Inquisitor (not a specific option as yet, but a Daemon Hunters or With Hunters Iq would do just as well, minus the anti-Daemon/Psyker specific stuff).

EDIT: For some reason the page didn't load posts 12 onwards the first time I looked at it. I saw them only when I had made the above post. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.