Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Does it matter what shoulder pads you put on your commander?
no not really, I assume you have the commander box?
the only pad that the terminally WYSIWYG may get fiesty about is the one with the Crux terminus (terminaor cross) which represents terminator honours, it has a large (maltese?) cross with a skull in the middle) and is conventionally the lef shoulder pad, but most people wont bother
Allright! Which pad do you suggest I put on the right arm if I'm playing with Dark Angels?Originally Posted by Cheredanine
I would go with something as flamboyant as possible, cant recall the others off the top of my head, but I just put together a chaplain from the commander box, there is another pad with some extensive stuff on it, imperial eagle? that would seem to fit DA well
Perhaps a regular pad with the Dark Angels symbol on it?
Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
Books of the Imperium;
29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
Conventionally the left shoulder pad would hold the DA symbol, the right is for the company marking and squad marking
Cheredanine is right, Chapter iconography goes on the left pad. However, terminator honors can also be represented with the terminator honors dangly bits from the Terminator box (don't know what they're called, exactly, but they're the little cross-shaped pendants). Just stick one on your model's armor, if he in fact has terminator honors. The Commander box (and the Command Squad box, for that matter) also comes with a few unique pads that would be suitably ornate. Don't forget that you can order metal pads for all the well-known Chapters via the online store.
Last edited by Zanzibar; August 19th, 2005 at 22:59.
You could use the shoulder pad with the extra armour on it. All though I think its an Inquisition pad but it still looks cool
Okay, thank you! So I can put on any of the pads I think looks cool?
Cheredanine: Maybe It's a little off topic, but how do you assemble a chaplain from the commander box?
OK the pad with extra armour is and =][= pad, classically associated with death watch kill teams.
(Flesh tearers so jump pack)
1. take a jump pack marine legs and jump pack,
2. take the fron body off the commander and cut way the gorget (fro mthe eagle upwards)
3, take the front from a stadard marine, turn it upside down and cut the belt and area below the breastplate away - actually cut the rest away and keep that bit
4. take the belt bit from 3 and turn it upside down then replace the gorget off the commander body in 2 with it, fill with Green stuff and use same to fill up the ring around the head
5. use the back body fom a standard marine, you have now got like MK 8 errant armour with a big gorget
6 use the head from the standard vet sgt, it should be covered by the gorget to just below the eyes
7. add hair (long and lank - make it vampyric -BA sucessor after all)
8 right arm commander with bolt pistol
9 left arm - take commander sword arm, cut off the sword between the hilt and the fist, drill through the fist, insert rod (brass rod).
10, cut the eagle off the top off the commanders back banner, drill and mount on top of pole - presto - crozius
11. drill the previously cut off swor blade and mount it on the bottom of the pole (presto you now have a staff sized crozius with the conventional eagle at the top and a blade at the bottom)
12 - shoulder pads from commanders set - crux terminus and the other elaborate relief one (not the =][= one)
13, build up base with small bolder so the foot which should touch the floor mounts on this (drill and pin)