Crozius problem? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crozius problem?

I have recently been thinking about cutting off the crozius arcanum and replacing it with a bolt pistol. I am doing this because i have the Xaivier model that has a hammer which I count as a thunder hammer, and to me it would seem more practical to have just the thunder hammer in assult rather than having the two close combat weapons.

What I would like to know is can you replace the crozius with another weapon if you want to and do you see this as a good idea?

I personaly would like the thunder hammer bolt pistol combo but that's just me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Creatively? Yes. Technically? No. It all boils down the the What You See Is What You Get rule. The Crozius Arcanum is not only a power weapon but a Chaplain's badge of office. It really should be on the model, even if it's hanging from his belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK just a thought but I recently built a chaplain from the commanders box..

Firstly, I would not give a chappy a thunder hammer, he gets a free power weapon, giving him a hammer wastes his initative and puts him open to getting hit.

But, the way I did the crozius was to take the left, sword arm of the commander,
    cut the sword off between the hilt guard and the fist,
    drill through the fist and insert pole,
    cut the eagle off the top of the commander banner and drill and apply to top of pole - presto - convenional crozius,
    drill the sword hilt and add the hilt and blade to the bottom of the pole,

so now I have a staff sized crozius with a sword blad as the bottom part, you could do this with a hammer head

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do play salamnder though and I suppose that could be something to do with Vulkan. How about I stick the thing on his belt but never actualy use it? I mean atleast im being more fluffy than those guys who give a chaplain a pair of MC lightning claws.

Firstly, I would not give a chappy a thunder hammer, he gets a free power weapon, giving him a hammer wastes his initative and puts him open to getting hit.
    im not bothered by this for some strane reason.
    Last edited by box; August 19th, 2005 at 11:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

box mate did you reply before you saw mine, by building a ombined crozius/hammer you can cover off both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking both a standard weapon (or power weapon) and an initiative-altering weapon (thunder hammer/power fist), you can use either/or in combat. Either hit on initiative, or hit at initiative 1.

I would probably leave the crozius and thunder hammer both, an extra bolt pistol isn't gonna benefit very much, and you're already paying for the crozius as is.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

PheonixDreamer, you reasile that a Thunder Hammer Counts as a Powerfist right? Meaning they both strike at Init. 1, I think you meant to say: ThunderHammer/PowerWeapon or PowerFist/PowerWeapon.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Powerfists on Independent characters are extremely difficult to use.. They are often not very helpful

also, its very point ineffective. Yes its better to have both options, but the reason you don't see it used is because why do it?

Power weapon + power fist on the same character is the same price as power weapon + vetsarg w/power weapon.. Or 5 more points for a power fist and thats 8 attacks instead of 5

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Thunderhammer/ Power weapon would be an interesting combo for a chaplain. Either way you get +1 attack, and then you get to choose each turn weather you want to strike at S4 I5 or S8 I1. It does look like it'd be quite a few points, though, but if the points are no problem, then I would recommend this if you want a chaplain with a TH.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why wouldn't give him a thunderhammer. you will survive the first turn of combat and when your against a MC you want to bring him down instead of seeing him slowly dying. so on the overall it's a abad idea but most people don't use it because it is alot of points.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast