footslogger or mech ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

footslogger or mech ?

what do you think about footslogger sobs over mech forces ?

i tried a mech force it wasn't too succesful and so i might go footslogging

I love divine guidence and it loves me

my sobs are green

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

It really is up to you. They're both effective

Footslogger- obviously slower, but with more troops and faith. Gonna have some seraphim most likely, to offset the slowness

Mech- faster, but with fewer squads. Also, given the general flimsyness of sob transports, you're gonna have a decent number of your tanks destroyed before the troops pile out...

Dunno.... I've been using footslogger recently.... though I do love tank battalions

Wow, that wasn't too useful. Sorry.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go footslogger anyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both have 2 mech squads 1 with flamer and heavy flamer and meltaguns and for sloggers have meltas or flamers again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

One of my friends goes the whole footslogger route and he does quite well with them. Especially since he has a lot more squads and stuff that can generate faith points. Boy those faith points are really annoying.

So my suggestion is to go the footslogger route, and not worry too much about taking tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

As Wamp said, they are both effective, depends probably most on your play style. like fast go for mech, like slow and purposefull (not as rule) go for foorsloggers, and they work better vs different armies. And by the way, their vehicle's shouldn't get destroyed that fast, only turn 2 probably. Just go for E-Armour and Smoke's and you have the first turn covered so you can get your units close enough to do something and use the wrecks as terrain and stuff.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I prefer the foot slogger army. But I hear good things about mechanised SoB.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually it does depend on which army your versing, for example say ur versing nids you can take a mech force since they cant really penterate well enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

It really depends on who you play. An ordinance heavy IG army for examply, would not be good to footslog against, Necrons would be a great army to March toward.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

AS I said, yes.

But also a good thing bout using a mech is you can go semi mech.
    If you footslog your units and use your vehicle's more for LOS blocking and / or fire bases (immolator is REALLY good for it), you can go mech if you want to but you could also go footslogging if you want to.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast