Need Help with anti necron tactics NOW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help with anti necron tactics NOW

madly need anti necron tactics for my gaurd army of one cadina troop choice with 1 grenade launcher and to flamers, a basilisk, a hevy weposn modle with auto cannon.
    he has 1 troop choce ,a destroy squad, a night bringer, a wraithand a monlith, i know its not very equl but its this way for a fulff campaing. i need hellp i alredy know that if i concentrate my auto cannon on the destroy squad i can pretty much elimnate it but the nb and monilithj are a pain as is the wraith if he can get close enough really appreciate the help.

These beings called Necron are legion, the live under are hive worlds, are forge planets and even terra itself and the imperium cannot fight them all is lost only thru the unity of the tau'va can we hope to survive.
    -last message of General Reinz before dissapering into tau space-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Forget about the Monolith and Nightbringer. Go for phase out. Keep the Bassie well hidden if possible, he will try and get it fast. Other than if the Wraith gets in, Rapid Fire it as best as possible, you should be able to kill it, if it is just one before it gets in your lines.

Keep every one back, let him come to you, keep in cover. Phase out, Phase out, Phase out. Every ounce of firepower you have, go for the troops. If he has one troop choice, his number won't be that high.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You're kidding right?

He has like 5x your points if that's all you have. The night bringer alone would kill your entire army and you would never kill it

Edit - Forgot about phase out, but even so all he needs to do is keep his warriors spread very wide apart to avoid much basilisk damage

I think it's stilly play such unbalanced games

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

As a Necron player, I alwys enjoy dispelling the invincibility that they stand for (seems to lead to unecassary Necron hate). Fortunatley for you, I play with a good friend who plays nothing but guard so I'll tell you what I fear most. First Being Lascannons. I can't emphasize enough that Lascannons will make even the toughest Necron units (C'tan, Monolith) go down without even touching your forces. A great option would be to put the sharpshooters doctrine on your AT sqauds. I've had a monolith go down more than once on one re-roll that my friend made. Plasma is also a great kryptonite to necrons. Make extensive use of vet sqauds (as they can take 3 plasma guns) and inflitrate right near the necron lines. Also ordenence can be a real pain. Nothing like an AP3 balst landing right ontop of your group of warriors. Of course, Basalisks are far more effective than russes in this respect. The last thing that makes me cringe is just massive lasgun fire. Having to make 50-80 saves is a pain that will eventualy catch up with me.

Thing I do not fear as a Necron Player: Tanks. I know, its the fun part of being a guard player, but I rarley leave a tank alive on the battlefield, even when I lose thanks to gauss weaponry. I also don't fear autocannons or flamers (hellhounds included). These weapons are just not strong enough to make me flinch.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how this is a fluff campain, him with all his mightynes and you with a couple bits of nothing. If you want fluff, remember that the IG is an ocean of standard troops and only slight fewer numbers of tanks. If there is something here that i am not understanding, then i would deffinatly say go for phase out.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sound of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts
    And tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777

Thing I do not fear as a Necron Player: Tanks. .
    so im assuming an armored company should be no problem.
    what effects do gauss weapons have on tanks im a newb
    and what is phase out?(again newb)
    i would suggest plasma and lascannons
    necron seem very much like marines soooo lascannons and plasma
    if you can a grey knight grand master would be awesome vs night bringer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gauss weopons get a glancing hit on a D6 roll of 6 I think. And phase out is when you 75% of the army that has the Necron rule, you automaticly when the game. I dont know if Im allowed to tell you that though.
    Definitly plasma and tons-o-flashlights.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jancz
    what effects do gauss weapons have on tanks im a newb
    They glance tanks no matter what the AV oon a 6. Even the Necrons base warriors can do this.
    and what is phase out?(again newb)
    When Necron forces lose 25% of its "Necron" forces, they simply disapear giving an automatic victory to the opponent.
    if you can a grey knight grand master would be awesome vs night bringer
    Not even a contest, the nightbringer could kill him on the first round of attacks (Hits on 3', Instakills, and even in a bizzare circumstance (surviving the instakill), still negates all armor saves.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777
    When Necron forces lose 25% of its "Necron" forces, they simply disapear giving an automatic victory to the opponent.
    (He means 75%)
    "Through most of the war we fought as nobles might. Never betraying, never decietful. But there came a point where tripping the soldier next to you might mean another day of life..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by lord_sarpedon
    madly need anti necron tactics for my gaurd army of one cadina troop choice with 1 grenade launcher and to flamers, a basilisk, a hevy weposn modle with auto cannon.
    he has 1 troop choce ,a destroy squad, a night bringer, a wraithand a monlith, i know its not very equl but its this way for a fulff campaing. i need hellp i alredy know that if i concentrate my auto cannon on the destroy squad i can pretty much elimnate it but the nb and monilithj are a pain as is the wraith if he can get close enough really appreciate the help.

other than simply telling all your guys to turn the lasguns on themselves and pull the triggers...

you're *only* chance is to work towords phaseout. seriously, between the nightbringer and a monolith... you have nothing that can touch them don't even waste your time shooting that them.

send the pie plate in the middle the warrriors and try to eliminate them completely (no wbb role), same goes for destroyers.

just remember that if you destroy a squad completely and there's not tombspider/resorb/same unit nearby... that squad is gone w/out wbb.

but seriously, why the hell would a stargod be wasting his time with a platoon of guardsmen??!?!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast