hard choice (2 dreadnought or a predator) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard choice (2 dreadnought or a predator)

Hi there

im playing a 1000 points battle (take and hold) and im trying to figure out if i should take 2 dreanoughts (anti inf/anti vehicle) or i should take the anti vehicle predator and 1 anti inf dread?

The problem is that the predator has more front armor and has the side spoilers (lascannon) but cannot do any close combat.. so im having a problem figuring out what would be better for the take and hold. I will be against chaos, tau and eldar (yes its a 4 way battle )

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well first of all what kind of army do you play CC shooty heavy or balanced either way since it is a take and hold mission i would go with the dreads as they can as the name suggests take and hold without reducing their effectiveness and the predators front armour wont really make a difference because a) tau railguns will blow you up either way and b) bright lances. So if you were to get the dreads to the objective they could hold off chaos easily and would be a huge fire magnet to the tau and eldar thus slowing down their objective to go get the objective.
    "Battlecannon shells are falling on my head but that doesn't mean i soon will be dead nannanana" A tribute to that terminator sweet 2+ save.

And then there as those days when it gets hosed down with some plasma.......as it happened today damn you tau crisis suits!! :mad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Barrel
    well first of all what kind of army do you play CC shooty heavy or balanced either way since it is a take and hold mission i would go with the dreads as they can as the name suggests take and hold without reducing their effectiveness and the predators front armour wont really make a difference because a) tau railguns will blow you up either way and b) bright lances. So if you were to get the dreads to the objective they could hold off chaos easily and would be a huge fire magnet to the tau and eldar thus slowing down their objective to go get the objective.
    Yes i see what you say. My armor is kind of shooter. Thanks for the input

Hq is psyker
    5 x Termies with 2 x assult cannont
    2 x 5 tactical with Plasma Canon (this is for tau/eldars (blast) and the AP 2 is for chaos)
    1 x 5 Assult with 2 x plasma pistol, melta bombs
    1 dread with LC + ML (extra armor)
    1 dread with AC + CC+ HF (extra armor)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bael
    Yes i see what you say. My armor is kind of shooter. Thanks for the input

Hq is psyker
    5 x Termies with 2 x assult cannont
    2 x 5 tactical with Plasma Canon (this is for tau/eldars (blast) and the AP 2 is for chaos)
    1 x 5 Assult with 2 x plasma pistol, melta bombs
    1 dread with LC + ML (extra armor)
    1 dread with AC + CC+ HF (extra armor)
    drop the HF on the Dred, he's not too likely gonna use it. U really gonna be careful about those Tau plasma rifles - u can't afford to lose 2 many guys. Why not drop the Termies and beef up ur Tacs?

Might consider getting Drop Pod for CC Dred

Well personally i like Dreds better than Preds (except for my Baal Predators) coz they tie up big bunches of enemy in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well one dreadnought is enough, against shooty armies it must hide behind terrain to get into CC and if just stay and shoots it will die in 1-2 turn beacause each army has some anti armour heavy firepower.
    Drop LC dread, boost assault squad to 10 with power fist on veteran sergeant and maybe teleport homer for termies. Drop melta bombs and get jump pack or make them infiltrating veterants to reach CC.

If you want stay shooty drop termies and buy 3 landspeders tornado, (3AC and 3 different units for targeting and objectives) make HQ and assault (countercharge?) as cheap as posible, drop LC for AC on second dread and go for cheap tank (LC+HB sponsons). With this number of armour some will survive until you destroy opponents heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no point of termies in a take and hold misson
    Reason : too slow
    to vulnerable to ap 2 weapons

You need assault marines to tie up their shooting units in cc
    And then tie up their cc units with your dreadnoughts
    and hopefully your tacticals will hold the objective

+ Reply to Thread