Starting At Space Marine Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, Right now i'v got almost 2000 points in my GK army and i'm lookin to expand into an army like the SM.
    I'v been looking over the chapters, not doing any extensive research yet but I'd still like opinions on what would be a good chapter to go into.

I'v already eliminated DAs, BAs and BTs, I dun like any of them for reasons I won't go into lol I think that the Raven Guard looks like a good chapter to start into as my next army and I would like any general infortmation to be had, just opions on how good they are is a help.
    Also, any other chapters you note as being a great army, underplayed and perhaps just a bit more tactical then say the BAs or BTs are would be cool too.

EDIT: Ach, almost forgot, where I can find the offical "codex" for the Ravens would be great so I can get it asap.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i respect your intelligent post about army selection, i ahve seen ppl post things like "wat army is good" lol.

well, if i may, i suggest the salamanders. they are probably the most shooty sm army, and are still great in cc. LOTs of flamers melta weapons will put a dent in ANY army. add this to the combo of LOTS of thunder ahmmers and powerfists, u get a GREAT all around army that has a lot of cool backround and character.

flamers are the most under estimated weapon on 40k, they auot hit. str 4 and ap 5, which is AWESOME against eldar, dark eldar, nids, orks, and to an extent, guard. it negates cover, so the eldar dont get those pesky cover saves. and nids and orks use of cover is now void. as well as the dark eldar tactic of using their blown up vehicle as cover.

since you are already initiative 3, u might as well stirke hard if u strike last. tell me what is not good about str 8 power weapons?? i mean u are gonan go last in combat almost all the time anywayz, so u might as well benefit from it.

thunder hammers are the same but make u strike last(even after you witht he thunder hammer) if yur wounded and dont die (wriathlord killer anybody?)

and finally, possibly the best piece of wargear, the salamanders mantle. immune to instant death. its just perfect for adding character and its awesome in game terms. no longer are three woudns downt he drain in one shot form a pesky wraithlord.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm interesting, I hadn&#39;t considered the Salamanders, I LOVE flamer weapons (I&#39;m obessed with Incins in my GK army, can&#39;t get enough of them), where could I find the rules for them?

EDIT: Bleh, not quite awake, Do they sell Salamander specifc boxes as well or would I have to convert?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can find their rules in Codex: Armegeddon as well as how they became a loyal legion to the emporer.

not converting persay. they sell a salamanders tactical squad but it comes with a multi melta, which i would never use because u cant move and when yur in a rhino with 2 flamers and a powerfist, mobility is crucial. i would either scrap yur bitz box for flamers/melta guns, or do a bitz order at yur local shop.

oh i forgot, i dont know if u know their color scheme but i love it.
    in white dwarf 286 on page 71 there is absolutley beatiful painted battle scene with the salamanders. check it out&#33; any other questions?
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread