Fire support - Baals or LSTs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire support - Baals or LSTs

Hi people i need some mobile firing support for my BA army and i don't know what to take. I have around 250pts for this role in my 1k list and i was wondering about whether 3 LSTs (AC/H or a pair of tooled up, nasty Baal Predators (TL ACs!!).
    So can anyone help? Or can u hand me an even better solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You should know by now, that the Space Marine forum scream "LST!" in order to solve any problem. And i agree, go LST!.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No in this case i disagree.Two Baals are extremly powerful.They arent as fragile as speeders so they have a high chance of survivability,they have twin linked assault cannons so more are likely to hit and rend and they pump out more shots per turn.But if you do go with the LST's then you let out more assault cannons shots but they are not twin linked like the baal.The baal can also move forward and fire all its weapons if needed.I would go with the two baals.They pump out more shots and survive longer in most cases and all the assault cannons are twin linked meaning nearly all will hit.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I gotta admit Tycho, I start from the Baal point of view, my none BA armies use LSTs, my Flesh tearers are only allowed one tank, so I take a Baal then add LSTs to it if i need more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IM all about BAAL preds. But then again I'm pretty sweet on anything that will tear the hell out of my enemies with a butt load of high velocity carnage-inducing metal....
    But yes, i personally would say preds over LST's, more survivorbilty (if thats a word) and most times they hit. Have a blast.....
    A Murder Is Only An Extraverted Suicide.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx all i agree that 2xBaal = heavier firepower than 3 LST but is the lack of mobility worth it?
    U see the problem is the TL AC's short range. With LSTs u can move 12" and shoot so i can zip them across one flank to the next but with the Baal u can't do that as effectively.
    Besides i can't grab table quarters with Baal easily!! But they can serve as shields to block LOS for DC....oh man i got a headache.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't decide which is best either. Perhaps you should try out both scenarios, find an opponent willing to let you proxy for them and give them a test run.

The only other advice I have is this: only take the 3x LSTs if you can keep them as three separate units. That way the enemy has to focus on one at a time and it should slow down his attempts to stop your LSTs. Otherwise go for the Baal class Predators.

+ Reply to Thread