Welcome to Librarium Online!
i would like to take the following
1.anti tank rounds(for aces/command cheaper than vanqusiher)
2.evasive driving(wounding on 4s vs asualting troops is fun)
3.exterminator(for infantry killing and its 20 pts less than a regular russ)
4. open for suggestions(perhaps side skirts or improved sponsons)
5.depending on which opponent im facing it could be
a.machine god blessing(eldar/dark eldar)
b.ceramite armor(for any melta heavy army)
c.antimag paste(orks or many assualt marines)
when i start an armored company(soon i currently have 2 russes and a chimera)
i want to know what works well
i have no experience using or vs armored company
certain doctines have specific applications i know but i would like a veteran(or at least a guy who has some idea what hes talking about)to help
well instead of building a list to defeat someone you should build an all round list. this is especially important with AC. because anyone can own you if they know you are comming.
From what i have seen most doctrines/extra equipment is shunned in an AC list. The one exception is Ace Gunners
1. you cannot move and shoot the antitank round. It might be worth the extra points to get a real vindicator.
2. also this will only be useful against assaulty armies. and when you think about it, people will only assault you if they know they can hurt you. so that will leave squads with meltabombs/dreadnoughts/and squads with powerfists assaulting you. and if said squad does get into CC with you you will probabily die that turn, if not be completly stunned to die next turn, to me 10 points is just a waste to maybe kill a guy just before you die.
3. a brilliant antihorde tank, its also low on the priority list
4. I like improved sponsons, especially if you dont have any demolishers. i have no experience with side skirts, but it doenst look that good.
5. read above. they are a waste in a balanced list.
it is quite simple for me, dont get doctrines, spend the points on an extra tank. by the way im no veteran of AC. just a bum with an opinion.
you mean vanquisherOriginally Posted by BFTrick
yeah but it costs 35 pts more for a vanquisher (and more money)
i shouldnt need to move and shoot that much all vehicles that shoot at me can get shot back
i want the bs 4 of aces/hq not to go to waste
my friend with tau may be able to own me thought after all his suits and hammer heads are dead hes powerless while most other armies have considerable meat shield
perhaps a russ with 3 h bolters is just as good as a exteminator
You dont need an exterminator to kill hordes, you have ordinance The king of all horde army killage.