Which heavy support? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which heavy support?

I play blood angels, a little over 2000 pts and i was wondering, i already have a landraider or landraider crusader (inter-changeable), and a baal pred. i was wondering what my final heavy support choice should be. i ruled out devastator squads, because if u have to move do to the red thirst, u cant shoot. im looking at the vindicator, seems pretty sweet dont have the codex in front of me but something like str. 9 ap 2 blast! but i know how much every1 loves the baal class predator, or maybe i should take a pred. annihalator. sorry about the rambling, im just real stuck on this matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I like predator Destructors, but most people thinks Annihilators are the best. You might want a Whirlwind? Which armies do you usually face?
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK it depends on a number of things, firstly most armys use heavy support to provide Anti Tank (AT) capabilities, however, conventionally BA do this through the use of power fists, melta bombs and thngs like attack bikes and land speeders with multi meltas.

However, you can use last HS slots to do this, your options are:

Devs - you made the right decision there, they always seem to black rage just when you need them most

Whirlwind- excelent choice to take out light infantry, black rage can still scuttle you cos the weapon is ordiance and if the vehicle move you can shoot it, but against light infantry (eldar, dark eldar, IG, tau possibly orcs and some nid armys) it is lethal and worth the points, particularly as against that sort of low point per man army, you tend not to be able to engage it all in combat

Vindicator - nasty nasty nasty nasty, but short ranged and will tend to get shot up very quickly, ideal vs troops like marnes, CSMS and necrons, but its use will fizzel out in a battle as you engage them

LR/LRC - you already have these I wouldnt take more

Pred annih - las cannon+las cannon sponsons, - definative tank hunter, if you strugle to take out tanks/armour or even monsterous creatures, these are the boys to take

pred destructor - Auto Cannon + heavy Bolter sponson - good vs light vehicles and the troops which are vulnerable to whirlwinds, nice but I would rather take:

Pred - baal class, so you got one? why not take 2?

but whatever you choose, it needs to work with the rest of your army and against those foes you regualarly face, without this info it is rather mute to suggest one or the other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it stand's without seeing your current army list It's hard to recommend any particular HS
    but at the moment the Baal predator Is the obvious choice running at 125 points with EA this beast can chew infantry with ease and can take out high armour better than lascannons, I currently run two at 1500pts and It works a treat.
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, you don't have to take another heavy support. The other two posters pretty much summed up everything I was going to say, apart from that the more troops, the better. Also, it kinda depends on what your army is currently. If you have problems taking out light troops, take a whirlwind, if you have problems with armour, take another pred. However, if everything seems fine, you can't go past taking more marines...

+ Reply to Thread