Daemonhunters <vs> Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you know, I&#39;m trying to build up a 1500 daemonhunter army with your help, and so far, this is what i have.

1 Inquisitor
    1 Grey Knight Terminator with psycannon
    1 Rhino ----&#62; for the future stormtroopers
    2 Justicar
    2 Incinerator Grey Knights
    2 Psycannon Grey Knights
    10 Grey Knights

Before starting this army, I played Dark Eldar and my friend play Dark Angels. After a few years of using that army, we decided together that we should pick a new army to start so we can fight in team battles more often. I chose daemonhunters and he chose Imperial Guard. Were gonna play in teams at GW against people, but in the offchance that we face each other, I dont want to be swarmed by a mass of models supported by 3 heavy supports or so. Here is his army list. Could you please try to generate a tactic with me on how to fight him?

HQ
    Heroic Senior officer 80 pts
    - Las Pistol
    - Power Sword
    - Carapace Armor
    Veteran w/ Standard 11pts
    Veteran w/ medipack 11pts
    Guardsmen w/ master vox 25 pts
    Guardsmen w/ meltagun 10 pts

Total- 137 pts

HQ support
    Autocannon x 3 95 pts

HQ support
    Lascannon x 3 110 pts
    or
    Heavy Bolter x 3?

Troops

Platoon I

HQ
    Junior Officer
    - Power Fist 20 pts
    - Bolt pistol 1 pt
    - 4 guardsmen

Squad-61 pts

Squad 1
    1 sergeant 9 guardsmen 60 pts
    - 1 vox 5 pts
    - 1 grenade launcher 8 pts

Squad- 73 pts
    Squad 2
    1 Sergeant 9 guardsmen 60 pts
    - 1 flamer 6 pts
    - 1 vox 5 pts

Squad- 71 pts

Squad 3
    - 1 flamer 6 pts
    - 1 vox 5 pts

Squad- 71 pts

PLATOON TOTAL: 275 pts

Platoon II

HQ
    Junior Officer
    - power sword 5 pts
    - bolt pistol 1 pt
    - 4 guardsmen

Squad-46 pts

Squad 4
    - 1 vox 5 pts

Squad- 73 pts
    Squad 5
    - 1 flamer 6 pts
    - 1 vox 5 pts

Squad- 71 pts

Squad 6
    - 1 vox 5 pts

Squad- 73 pts

PLATOON TOTAL: 263 pts

Armored Fists Squad
    - 1 sergeant 9 guardsmen 60 pts
    - flamer 6 pts
    - vox 5 pts
    - Chimera w/multi laser,
    Hull mounted heavy bolter 85 pts

Squad Total: 156 pts

Fast Attack
    Hellhound -115 pts

3 Cadian Sentinels
    All Extra armored- 165 pts

Heavy Support
    1 Leman Russ 140 pts
    Lascannon-15pts
    Heavy bolter sponsons-10 pts
    Total- 165

1 Leman Russ 140 pts
    Heavy Bolter- 5 pts
    Heavy Bolter side Sponsons-10 pts
    Total- 155

Basilisk
    Indirect fire 25 pts

Total- 125 pts

Elites

Storm Troopers

9 troopers and 1 veteran sergeant 106 pts
    Flamer- 6 pts
    Meltagun- 6 pts
    Meltabombs- 40 pts
    Chimera- multi-laser, heavy bolter- 85 pts

Total- 248 pts

Army- 2000 pts

He made his list out of 2000, but what i want to do is play my daemonhunters army against someone using increments of 500. Im gonna get a force of 500, fight, then think of what could of changed the game if i had a certain model and then build from there. Once i get 1000 points, ill battle again...and so on. Im not scared of his mass of IG guys, its just the basalisk that gots me worried. Im thinking a grey knight fast attack squad of 1 justicar, 2 incinerator and 3 grey knights having a justicar w/ meltabombs or just attack from side or rear. Input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i haven&#39;t seen the new codex but if its anything like the old i think the Balshilk and the leman russ will be your is the biggest threat and the teleporting squad seems like it could work. Thankfully your friend hasn&#39;t taken alot of lascannons and missle launchers so Grey Knights will get their armour saves. In the old codex they weren&#39;t that good in combat one on one, but numbers wise they pose a threat so u don&#39;t need a grand master, you need more attacks with out spending all those points . I think u can do well against this army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ok. Heres another army list again. This time, I took yours comments thoroughly and compose a list a little different from the old one but i think it has the best of both worlds.

HQ-
    Grandmaster w/ holocaust and icon of the just
    4 Grey Knight Termies
    1 Grey Knigh Termie w/ psycannon
    Total for hq choice-445

ELITE-
    1st: Inquisitor
    1 Inquisitor w/ boltgun, ccw, artificer armour, and teleport homer
    2 Vet Guard w/ 2 plasmaguns
    1 Gun servitor w/ plasma cannon
    2 Sage
    Rhino w/ extra armour and smoke launchers
    Total for elite choice - 210

TROOP-
    1st: Stormtroopers

1 Veteran Sargeant w/ teleport homer
    7 Stormtroopers
    2 Stormtroopers w/ meltagun

2nd: Stormtroopers
    8 Stormtroopers
    2 Stormtroopesr w/ meltagun

3rd: Grey Knights
    1 Justicar
    5 Grey Knights
    2 Grey Knights w/ psycannons
    Total troop choice-651

FAST ATTACK-
    1st: Grey Knights
    1 Justicar w/ meltabombs
    3 Grey Knights
    2 Grey Knights w/ incinerator
    Total fast attack choice-200

1506. Eh? Comments please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a good well balanced army, however my personal preference is that paying 25 points for a little better invulable save for your Grand Master is not smart. I&#39;d get an extra Grey Knight but thats just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing daemonhunters lack is... Fire-power u should do what i done get 2 space marine landraiders get 2 sets of gk land raiders doors do a bit of converting to the landraiders and wolah u have fire power :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 points on two tanks in a 1500 points seems scary for me. I feel like if i do that, then my options are limited by a lot. Im goin to get land raider for 2000 point army but i havnt decided if i should get 1 or 2. Coming from a dark eldar army, ive been killing land raiders easily w/ dark lances, and i have that insicurity that the opponent is goin to get lucky w/ a hunterkiller missle or lascannon on first turn and then theres 250 points gone. Fire power isnt much of a worry for me right now. I just need the 2 Stormtrooper squads to bust some tanks and the inqusitor to "soften up" some enemy units. My deep striking grey knight squad has a justicar w/ meltabombs, and has the potential to destroy a land raider first try. Since my list is well at assaulting including all those grey knights and my Grand Master, infantry units are not a threat to me. Ill get a land raider, but probably not now.

Other than that, is there anything unnecessary in my army list. Units? Wargear? Please feel free to comment. This is the army list im goin to use and if there are any tweaks then ill see if it suits my style of play. So far the 4+ inv save from the icon of the just is only on my grandmaster because im scared that if i advance into enemy units, im gonna get a high rate of fire. And a 4+ save is more comforting for me than a 5+ save, but you know, i DO need maybe 1-2 more grey knights. I havnt tried grey knights in close combat yet but im sure its everything ive hoped for. 6 Grey knights w/ justicar and 2 incinerators is good enough to take out a squad of 10 marines right? Right??? Eh i dont know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My quick opinion is that 2000 points is too low dor a GM. Make him a brother captain and as another Terminator. In addition plain grey knights are too expensive for what you get. The only way to make them worth 25 a model is to make them have deepstrike, but you don&#39;t want to have 500+ points sitting in reserves. If you added inducted IG you could add a Leman Russ with improved Coms (or what ever that upgrade is that lets you reroll getting reserves in) and increase the chances of them arriving in the second round.

I suggest a Crusader(with smoke launcher) filled with 8 GK Termies (2 Incinerators- 1 on a Brother Captain). Giver the Brother captain Hammerhand and the Terms holocaust. 2&#39; 6" should get you into some assault and once the GK are in assault and the game is over. IG take up so much room that you will never be out of assault and will not have to worry about their nasty fire power.

In addition I think Chimera would be a better choice then a Rhino for your Storm Troopers. Add some hunter killer missiles and try to take down that Basilisk or Russ ASAP.

Also the Emporers Tarot works well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chimera. I don&#39;t think i want that. At first i really did. But then, its +20 points extra for +1 amour in the front but -1 in the side compared to a rhino. Its bs is 3 compared to bs 4 for a rhino. And you dont come w/ guns to begin w/. you HAVE to get a heavy weapon and then you can add another one if you want. Plus, the codex daemonhunters doesnt say anything about the 6 lasguns attached to the chimera, so im guessing you cannot use it. The imp guard one has it i know that, but since it doesnt state the lasguns in the daemonhunter codex, then im just guessing it doesnt come w/ it. I dont need tank destroyers i dont think. I just need a cheap transport that blocks los while it moves and carry my troops to the destination asap.

But if you tell me how to use a chimera in battle, i may reconsider. I just bought a rhino today so ya know :blink: .

By the way, i have this so far.

1 Inquisitor
    1 GK Termy w/ psycannon
    2 Justicars
    2 Incinerators
    2 Psycannons
    10 GK
    1 Rhino w/ stormbolter and i put the hunter killer missle on it. Another question is this: If my rhino has the stormbolter and hunterkiller on it, if one day i decide i didnt need teh hunterkiller missle for that game taht day, do i still have to make it count like it has the hunterkiller missle on it? Like, its superglued on, so can i just say"that rhino is just using its stormbolter this game, not the hunterkiller missle" even thought the gun is present?
    Thanks
    :ph34r: Ninja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 6 lasguns function as long as you have 6 people in the chimera firing them. I believe the rules for it are in "Chapter Approved" 2003. Place 6 Stormtroopers in it and it is a mobile bunker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did chapter approved:2003 come out yet? I need to get that. If not then can you tell me when its goin to be released?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast