Death Watch?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Watch??

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Watch??

Can someone please tell me what the death watch is becuase i've looked everywhere and I can't find it. All I know is that I can take them as allies. Only if I knew what in the world they are.

W-1 L-0 D-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deathwatch is the chamber militant of the ordo zenos, the third major arm of the inquisition. It is their job to hunt down and exterminate use of zeno tech by any of the imperium. The deathwatch is drawn from the veterans of other space marine chapters. Their specialty is special bolter rounds which can do different kinds of damage to different kinds of zenos.

Onto their game makeup. Because it is an inquisitorial force, they will probably have access to Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, pretty much Kasrkins. They wll also have true grit with their bolters and probably special rules when fighting zenos in cc, like they will always hit on a 3+ or something like that. Also, there is a possibility that there might be some sort of special grenades, like the Ultramine's tyrranic war vets. And, like other inquisition forces, they will be able to ally with any imperial list as well as take some SM and IG forces as their own to use. This use will probably be restricted to certain types of units in certain conditions. There will probably be some sort of radical inquisitor, which would be able to use zeno tech, like burst cannons or shuriken catapults or whatnot. There will also be zeno specific wargear available to inquisitors and commanders.
    Last edited by Nebulas; September 6th, 2005 at 17:08.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Correct me if I am wrong, but, aren't the Deatwatch almost all Space Marinec drawn from other chapters, who then repaint their armour, somehow, (I can't remember specifics).
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Yes. The Ordo Xenos selects Marines that have shown great skill in battle against specific Xenos, and recruit them into a legion to fight against thier perfered Xenos.

I believe. I know that the Deathwatch is recruited from other Chapters, the Xenos thing just makes sense.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by blood_angelmarine
    Can someone please tell me what the death watch is becuase i've looked everywhere and I can't find it. All I know is that I can take them as allies. Only if I knew what in the world they are.
    US WD 305 i think. CA artical, any Imperial army (except SM armies that have their own codex) can take them as an HQ choice. they're bascially a SM command squad (captian or codicer) that has alot of cool gear/weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Following through with BoxANT's post, you can field them in one of two ways:

1) As a single squad (killteam) with all the kit, plus you can upgrade the Captain to a Codicier

or

2) Upgrade Veteran Sergeants in existing squads of regular Space Marines to Deathwatch so you can have Deathwatch leading them (less kit though).

They have a bunch of different specialty ammo types as well as some unique weapons. Pretty nifty dudes.
    Last edited by Zanzibar; September 5th, 2005 at 21:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THE Hersh
    Correct me if I am wrong, but, aren't the Deatwatch almost all Space Marinec drawn from other chapters, who then repaint their armour, somehow, (I can't remember specifics).
    Yes that is correct. They are the elite of all the different chapters drawnin. They repaint their armour either midnight blue (really really dark) or black (can't exactly remember). They paint their entire suit of armout like this except for one shoulder pad which they keep their original chapter insignia on.

EDIT: And yes, the rules for them are in White Dwarf #305 which I ordered and should be getting soon.

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

According to their rules, amazingly a Deathwatch squad can outshoot a Tau Firewarrior squad with the correct ammo set up (30" AP4 re-roll wounds). So a couple of squads of them shooting at your Tau = headache.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by smguy
    Yes that is correct. They are the elite of all the different chapters drawnin. They repaint their armour either midnight blue (really really dark) or black (can't exactly remember). They paint their entire suit of armout like this except for one shoulder pad which they keep their original chapter insignia on.

EDIT: And yes, the rules for them are in White Dwarf #305 which I ordered and should be getting soon.
    They wear all black except for their right shoulder pad (which displays the heraldry of their regular Chapter), their left shoulder pad (which bears the silver Deathwatch logo), and their left arm (which they color silver). Some people leave the arm black so that doesn't really matter.

They're not necessarily the elite of their Chapters, however. Remember, the Ultramarines inducted many regular marines into the Deathwatch to prepare them for the Tyrannic War Veterans (to build up experience, presumably).

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats awsome thanks guys. I just have one more question. Where can I find the exact rules. Are they in a codex or in a FAQ?

W-1 L-0 D-0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast