Shrouded Dreadnoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading through the Official Clarifications and FAQ'a from the GW Site, i noticed something very interesting. Now, this may have been bought up before, and if so i apologise.....

The question was "For the purposes of the Aegis Special Rule, what is the Ld of the GK Dreadnought"

Answer : 10

Now - by extension if the Dreadie is subject to THAT special rule, isn't it also logically subject to the others - such as the Shrouding?

I haven't seen any further clarifications to this query - can anyone throw any lighton the subject?

NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked the same question a while ago, with the same thoughts after seeing the "clarification" LOL, but "offical" (a GW ref at a tourny I attended) is that shrouding does not apply to Dreads, dispite that fact that it might make sense it would be cheezy, just think about a Dread with a Lascannon 48" away and no other heavy weapon can hit it, Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, i was thinking about that exact same thing...:-)

Seems that the roolz guys should do some reprinting - DH codex seems to need it...still, thanks for the heads up, even if its not exactly what i was hoping for....

Maybe i'll risk fielding it anyway.....is one of the nice MKIV pre-heresy types from Forge World - and heck, even if it gets in one turn shooting, i can make it worthwhile in the points exchange.....

Thanks Again
    Our four... no...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I just have great luck with my Dreads but i'v never had them taken out on turn 1, they ALWAYS have lasted till atleast turn three and most of the time till the end of the game, always doing more then their share of damage.

So i'v never understood why people fear fielding them, they are great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the codex, Dreads get aegis ONLY if they are given the blessed upgrade, Page 20 says the term Grey Knight applies to Grey Knights in power armor and terminator armor, meaning ONLY they get the special rules on page 8. Honestly people, read the codex COMPLETELY and THOROUGHLY before you start assuming X rule applies to Z model because it doesn't say otherwise, WHEN IT DOES SAY OTHERWISE. That's like assuming Grand Masters can take acolytes because it doesn't specifically say otherwise, which it doesn't. Never assume anything about the rules unless it is specifically stated.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez dude, be calm, take a deeeeep breath, we aren't playing right now so you can simma down a bit.
    he was asking for clarification on the "clarification" givin by GW, why go off on how the rule is only when the dread is blessed when that wasn't the question nor was ignorance as to how the rule becomes applicable to the dread infered.
    He was asking if shrouding was applicable to Dreads, he got answered and if you read the clarification you find that all they DO say is that the aegis works for dreads, nothing else and regardless as to wether they get the agies rule right off or with blessed armour you find that the question would have arose anyways.

And as for not assuming stuff, giving your jumping all over people for ASKING about rules (You know, so they know the right rules when they play, I know, how horrible that everyone doesn't get everything right off ),
    i'm gonna say you've read the rules book and codex, have'nt noticed that some of the stuff isn't exactly clearly laid out/clearly stated in it right? Its natural that people would ask questions as most people wants to play the game right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Elandili....

I have of course read the Codex and realised that Aegis applies to Dreads with blessed armour.....i was merely positing that if it did, may not the other special rules also?

It has been cleared up quite happily without any need for flaming and honestly, i assumed nothing, i merely asked for a clarification. I can see that if i am going to get flamed for asking simple questions then i might as well not bother.

Our four... no...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its just him that does it, dun worry. I don&#39;t see why someone would go nuts over asking for a rule clarification, I think everyone has atleast once(Some of us more then once <- points at himself) sat there and scratched their head a bit trying to figure out a rule&#33; LOL
    And asking about it ensures that people get the rules right so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noooo&#33; Dreads with Shrouding woud have been kickin&#39;&#33;
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shall take some advice then, and try fielding them - i think the points are more than worth it - although i was wonderinf how many i should add to a 1000 point list - i was thinking of one with Lascannons and Missiles....or possibly Autocannon/CCW and Incinerator - bearing in mind that i am trying to fine tune an army so that i can compete in a tournament with some degree of sucess...

On the subject of rules....yeah, i guess we do need to seek clarification sometimes, heck, i&#39;ll admit to a weakness in questioning "what if" to just about everything so that i can cover eventualites

I&#39;ll also take a chill pill when flamed....
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our four... no...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast