Daemonic possesion of Defilers and Dreads and Daemon Hammers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Daemonic possesion of Defilers and Dreads and Daemon Hammers

Heres a question, the Daemon Hammer strikes in initiative order against Daemons and Defilers and Dreads can take Daemonnic possession, so seeing as the Dread or Defiler are possessed by a Daemon and have an Int value for use in CC does that mean that if the Inq say destroys a weapon or stuns, immobalises the walker, does the walker go at Int1 next turn?????????

Also does Destroy Daemon work against said Deamonically infested Dreads and Defilers or Sacred Incense, or Grimoire of true names.

After all a Daemon is a Daemon even if it is in a Dread.

Thoughts please I have my opinion but I am interested to know the concensous of opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Page 20 of the DH codex, under the heading ""Daemons' Terminology". Daemonically possessed vehicles are included there. It even gives Defilers as an example of those. No opinions needed, it's in print.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, one maybe 50 pt Inquisitor (with wargear) could easily knock a defiler on it's ass. That's great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    Page 20 of the DH codex, under the heading ""Daemons' Terminology". Daemonically possessed vehicles are included there. It even gives Defilers as an example of those. No opinions needed, it's in print.
    Yeah but do the dreads and Defilers get the reduced weapon skill, Int and the Int 1 if they are hurt by the Hammer.
    Dreads only lose an attack if immobalised, stunned etc, but do they revert to INT1 its not very clear thats all, I ask because I fight a couple of chaos dudes at my club and they insist that the INT1 rule and effects from sacred incensce etc dont apply, I think they do (they are a Daemon after all).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If somethign says that it works against daemons, and something says that the dread is a daemon when possessed, then it works. there is no margin here for argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

As far as I'm aware, you use all of the anti-Daemon skills, psychic powers, abilities, items, etc, against ALL Daemonic models. This includes Daemonically possessed vehicles.

The only exception that I can think of off the top of my head is the Banishment power, since Daemonic vehicles don't test for Instability that I know of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only one thing that I think may be iffy, and that is if a thunder hammer (Daemonhammer) makes a dreadnought strike after initiative 1 at the end of the next assault phase. The thing that causes questions is the term wounded.

In short, is there a result on the glancing/penetrating table that is considered wounding, and if so, what are they.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Overcannon
    There is only one thing that I think may be iffy, and that is if a thunder hammer (Daemonhammer) makes a dreadnought strike after initiative 1 at the end of the next assault phase. The thing that causes questions is the term wounded.

In short, is there a result on the glancing/penetrating table that is considered wounding, and if so, what are they.
    Exactly thats where the confusion comes into it,but Dreads and Defilers do have an INT value and the Hammer affects the initiative, does the Dread or defiler simply become exempt simply because its in walker armour, does losing an attack for instance count as a wound.

+ Reply to Thread