Witch Hunter's Painting Scheem. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witch Hunter's Painting Scheem.

Hello, dunno if this should go on the paint forum or on this one, but anywayz, here is my question.

I want to paint my sisters in the folowing scheem: Silver Armors and Blue Capes.

But in your opignion which silver would look best? Chainmail Silver? Boltgun Metal?

And what blue would be the best with it? Enchanted Blue? SpaceWolf Grey?, ect...

(the details would be painted gold)

Waiting for opignions ^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

The deep, beautiful blue I prefer is not made by Citadel. Its called Cobalt Blue and its from Apple Barrel. You can find it in the craft section of large department stores. Same kind of paint (water based acrylic) but much less expensive. Also the Apple Barrel range has a massive amount of different shades of all colors.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course the "Citadel Minatures" label instantly doubles the cost of the product!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

If I could only remember the name of this other miniatures color producer ... their colors were even better than GWs! Both in range and in handling. I think it was some italian company? Someone here has to know what I mean!
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynata
    If I could only remember the name of this other miniatures color producer ... their colors were even better than GWs! Both in range and in handling. I think it was some italian company? Someone here has to know what I mean!
    Was it Vallejo Paints?
    Now a surgeon cuts off rotten limbs; and mangy sheep are isolated from the healthy; but a prudent Judge will not consider it safe to bind himself down to one invariable rule in his method of dealing with a prisoner who is endowed with a witch's power of taciturnity, and whose silence he is unable to overcome. For if the sons of darkness were to become accustomed to one general rule they would provide means of evading it as a well-known snare set for their destruction. - Malleus Maleficarum , part III.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Yes! Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking of asking for their "suitcase" set for christmas. A lot of the really good painters seem to feel that they're better than citadel line (a little thinner, more pigment). My main problem with them is that I live in a major metropolitan area and no one around here carries them. My local rogue trader said that he had gotten one starter kit in, and it took over a year to sell so he's not interested in carrying them. I've been to every oither hobby store I can think of, and no dice.

I like looking at paints before I buy them :rolleyes:
    Now a surgeon cuts off rotten limbs; and mangy sheep are isolated from the healthy; but a prudent Judge will not consider it safe to bind himself down to one invariable rule in his method of dealing with a prisoner who is endowed with a witch's power of taciturnity, and whose silence he is unable to overcome. For if the sons of darkness were to become accustomed to one general rule they would provide means of evading it as a well-known snare set for their destruction. - Malleus Maleficarum , part III.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

What do you mean with "looking at paints"? Opening and painting with them? Does your local trader let you do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, heh. I mean I like to look at the rack and think about what I need to paint.

But my local rogue trader does let people come in on Saturday and use their paints, whihc makes me doubly wish that they carried Vallejo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

dark blue
    light silver...

personally,
    i'd do a 50/50 chainmail/boltgun base for the metal,
    ink black
    then highlight in chainmail...

for the blue
    start with a 60/40 regal blue/enchanted blue
    wash with regal blue
    then layer up with mixes of enchanted/regal until you get up to highlights of enchanted..

and then prolly white buttons and the like...
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast