Daemonhunter Newb Observations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Daemonhunter Newb Observations

After playing a few games over the last month, I beginning to learn some of the intracies of Grey Knights, and have noticed.

My Grey Knight Termie Squad is not as effective as I thought it might, especially for the points. I really wish there was a way to increase the GM's initiative. I got my GM and 5 Termies Schooled by an Assault Marine Squad, Vet SGT Power Weapon, and Chaplain with Furious Charge.

My FAGK are better than I thought. I never thought about how usefull Storm bolters until I deep struck about 18" from a target squad.

I love being Fearless.

Positioning your independant Character is very important when an enemy with more initiatve is charging. With my IG, I never cared, I knew I was dead, and had very few Ind. Characters.

I have yet to see Shrouding work, but I deep strike all of my Grey Knights.

Teleport Homers have been usefull, I don't always use them, but when I do there very much worth the points.

The combination of IG Heavy Weapons and Leman Russ has been very good with the CC of the GKs.

Last edited by Diggums Hammer; September 11th, 2005 at 18:59.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    After playing a few games over the last month, I beginning to learn some of the intracies of Grey Knights, and have noticed.

My Grey Knight Termie Squad is not as effective as I thought it might, especially for the points. I really wish there was a way to increase the GM's initiative. I got my GM and 5 Termies Schooled by an Assault Marine Squad, Vet SGT Power Weapon, and Chaplain with Furious Charge.

My FAGK are better than I thought. I never thought about how usefull Storm bolters until I deep struck about 18" from a target squad.

I love being Fearless.

Positioning your independant Character is very important when an enemy with more initiatve is charging. With my IG, I never cared, I knew I was dead, and had very few Ind. Characters.

I have yet to see Shrouding work, but I deep strike all of my Grey Knights.

Teleport Homers have been usefull, I don't always use them, but when I do there very much worth the points.

The combination of IG Heavy Weapons and Leman Russ has been very good with the CC of the GKs.
    Termies: termies truly are hard to use. My experience, use them only when you know that they will not take casualties. Use your grey knights to weaken he enemy, and have the GK Hero /w retinue clean things up. The termies dont survive on their own, they need other squads to help them.
    GM initiative: he's I5 which I dont know why you are complaining about. Did you mean the BCs initiative?

I also usually deepstrike my gk, but alot of times it is better to just leave them as they are. Either mass DS or dont DS at all. 1 ten man squad will be obliterated if it deepstrikes in the middle of an army.
    Shrouding: The shrouding always saves me from my SW friend who likes to take a devaststor squad, but never is able to kill a single gk with it. Also, it is great protection when you dont ds(obviously). I never use tp homers, since the ist squad with it is almost always destroyed when it gets close, even if it is in a transport. But, they can be useful in an army where you have quite a few troops staying at the end of the board and shooting up the enemy. If you have gk in reserve, and you have to ds them, but there isnt an opportunity o do it safely, just ds them back with the rest of you troops and it is like they were deployed there except they were invincivble till this turn.
    Leman Russ: I haven't inducted IG into my mostly gk force yet, but is the russ very much worth its points, especially against marines? I would assume so, but i have yet to see one in a game so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    GM initiative: he's I5 which I dont know why you are complaining about. Did you mean the BCs initiative?
    I fight a lot of tooled up Librarians and Chaplains, that with there bonuses, get I 6 or 7. I hit last, and I don't like it!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    I fight a lot of tooled up Librarians and Chaplains, that with there bonuses, get I 6 or 7. I hit last, and I don't like it!

You have a str-6 power weapons AND force weapon WITH either a close combat weapon or something else. They have like 5 attacks on the charge, you can get 6 on the charge with one re-rollable AND you have a retinue of str-6 power weapons, if a chaplain kills your GM his retinue SHOULD surely killed the chaplain. They have nothing over you, if anything the GM is godlike compared to almost every other HQ. (notice the almost for every necron player who sees this with their cheese gods).
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont forget those evil dark eldar hqs..... they are pure evil them and their drugs "gumbles"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrouding has saved me from multiple high powered long range shots and Tau absolutely HATE Shrouding. As for Termies, mine have always made up for their points value if not qiped the floor with everything theyve hit, save being zerged by assault marines with power weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp.
    (notice the almost for every necron player who sees this with their cheese gods).
    The C'tan aren't cheese. They cost ALOT of points and if you ignore them you can usually phase out the Necron player before they get into CC. However if you really need to deal with them just use Psycannons, Psycannon bolts, or Scourging since it ignores Invul saves the C'tan will be ripped to pieces.

You can reference this thread for more information on the C'tan.
    The C'tan - LO Discussion (The C'tan)

+ Reply to Thread