Techpriest. Worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Techpriest. Worth it?

I have an AC and I want a Techpriest for my army. I was thinking of mounting him in a Chimera with two technical servitors and one gun servitor. Now while in the Chimera thats all the vehicle's weapons plus three more lasgun shots and whatever the gun servitor has. Also repairs will be made on a 4+, is it worth it?

My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

No.

Simply put, Techpriests just are not worth their cost. even w/ 4 Tech Servitors (making repairs on a 2+) they're not worth it imo. The fact is that you have to start the turn in B2B w/ the vehcile you want to repair.

The only viable way to use him, is w/ 4tech servitors and behind (touching) as many LemanRuss/Bassie/Demolisher as possible.

But even then, imo you're better off spending the points somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

uselessness confirmed

I concur, thy are pretty useless, although the model is cool. The only benefit I can see is if you take a mess of fire Support gun servitors with some multi melta and or plasma cannon, making the lil unit an antitank monster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Not worth it, even though it is one of the coolest IG models, next to Kaskrins.

If you use them, do as BoxAnt mentioned, but the wargear limit is just silly.

They also take a Doctorine Slot, and you could have a deep stiking Stormie squad instead that could kill a Landraider.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds great, but Storm Trooper can't deepstrike in an AC.

I guess I'm just going to have to try the dude out.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I have never used a Techpriest before, it would seem to me that two technical servitors and one gun servitor would not be very effective for the points cost. I do think that putting one gun servitor in so he can shoot from the Chimera is a good idea, but it just takes too many points away that could be used for technical servitors to nearly guarantee repairs (or even better: more dakka). It seems like a very good idea, but it costs too many points.

The whole base to base rules make the Techpriest ineffective, since games last around six turns, which means that unless you start the turn in base to base, it takes a full third of the game to make one repair.

If you use him, please post what happened. Who knows, maybe he is worth his points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its such a pity aswell the model is one of the best for ig. sentinels are my fave tho........
    i have never found an effective way of using the techpreist. damn gw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not a big fan of the techpriest. I think it just doesnt fit with the OVER ALL fluff of IG that tehy would repair something in the middle of battle. With all that mass. Unless offcourse your one of those Mars armys. But othere than that i think medics and techpriests suck fluff whise. So , yahh there you go.
    A Lasgun,
    It wont kill and it wont fright...
    But it will find your way at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a crying shame that techpriests are worthless- one of the coolest models in the game just goes to waste because you can't make him worth the points. As was mentioned, the only way to use the techpriest really is to take four tech servitors and put them behind say, three leman russ tanks. The problem here is that for the cost of that techpriest and his servitors you could almost just buy a whole new leman russ tank, or certainly a hellhound. They just aren't worth how many points they cost.

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by FatMan
    Im not a big fan of the techpriest. I think it just doesnt fit with the OVER ALL fluff of IG that tehy would repair something in the middle of battle. With all that mass. Unless offcourse your one of those Mars armys. But othere than that i think medics and techpriests suck fluff whise. So , yahh there you go.
    I agree here: it's for orks!!
    Furthermore, big meks are useful in battle (carrying big bommz or kustom force fields) while IG techpriests cost a lot of points for all their fancy wagear, but still die very quick in HtH combat.

The only case where I see them being useful is behind a packed group of tanks, being able to repair all of them almost without moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast